Toronto Church of Scientology | ?m | 8s

I agree. It could looks slightly better with a new window system and after a good clean up... but that's it. Lipstick on a pig. Plus, never been a fan of that brick tone.

Yeah? I wonder, what's the story about this building?

Most of prewar Toronto was viewed as endlessly disposable due to its "dated" and "dreary" architecture at one point too. Let's not head down the same regrettable, and ignorant path that led to the destruction of a lot of Toronto's preexisting built form throughout the '70s. Much like the Victorian cityscape at one point, our Modernist and mid-century heritage is in great danger due to a lack of understanding and appreciation.

It also needs central air conditioning, if such a retrofit is possible. I would never lease an office with window units.

I walked by the building this morning and noticed that not much has actually changed in the nearly four years since they shut down for renovations. It looks empty and I see no workers and there are numerous broken windows and graffiti all over. Doesn't this cross into abandoned property bylaws by now? Geez, I mean, a whole building was built, finished and occupied behind it in the time since this thread started. Is this project even going ahead any more? 'Cause it certainly doesn't look like it.

I walked by the building this morning and noticed that not much has actually changed in the nearly four years since they shut down for renovations. It looks empty and I see no workers and there are numerous broken windows and graffiti all over. Doesn't this cross into abandoned property bylaws by now? Geez, I mean, a whole building was built, finished and occupied behind it in the time since this thread started. Is this project even going ahead any more? 'Cause it certainly doesn't look like it.
If you have a Property Standards complaint you can submit it to 311.

Happier days...

s0381_fl0308_id12103-42.jpg

Attachments

• s0381_fl0308_id12103-42.jpg
    s0381_fl0308_id12103-42.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 1,039

This may explain it
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...er-100000-as-yonge-bloor-site-languishes.html

Trouble with using the original redesign is that it negates the current "restoration" gesture, whatever one may think of Scientology. Best to save said quackery/fraud museum for, I guess, the Trump Tower...

i sure hope a developer buys this and a bunch of buildings south (excluding the heritage row-houses that are worth keeping)

upload_2016-10-13_22-52-45.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-13_22-52-45.png
    upload_2016-10-13_22-52-45.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 626

Back