Mississauga Chelsea on the Green | ?m | 15s | Lormel Homes | Turner Fleischer

I grew up on Claypine Rise. Fond memories of biking down in the Etobicoke Creek valley there. It's fairly deep, with steep sides...I would seriously doubt that they'd consider connecting those after all these years. The roads on either side aren't exactly arterial.

nope. Rathburn in Toronto is going to get a road diet with bike lanes this summer too to reflect the cancelled plans to build that bridge.

The roads were designed to be connected, it just never happened. Rathburn hasn't been upgraded right to the bridge on the Toronto side, but the Mississauga side has it as a large 4 lane arterial right to the valley.

March 21

Planning council voted 7-2 to approved this development along with a number of site issues raised by the ward councilor who voted against this plan. Well over a dozen residents voice their objects with clapping from haft of chamber of resident opposing this plan. It was deferred from last month meeting to allow more time for some extra reports. 660 don't support it out of a community of 4,500.

It seams the landlord/developer is at the the root for the main opposition to this project regarding the existing buildings and lands that are in poor shape. A 12 point list of do things related to the existing building and lands are now part of the development agreement and a time-line is now being worked on for them.

The standard opposition thats found across the GTA: its a well establish area, doesn't support building over 4 story, too much density, don't wanted that type of people in my area, too much traffic, shadowing not done at various time that are outside the standard time frame, wind and etc.

These buildings are smaller than the existing ones and if this went to the OMB as noted by a councilors, expect to see taller ones than what been call for, as well what there. The land is 9 acres in size with a FSI of .9 that can support 1.6. and will still have 67% green space after construction.

If people want this low density and not have things build in their area, time to pay for it by seeing higher tax bill years than the areas that do support more density. Nothing wrong with this development other than the existing buildings.

It was noted by council that it would cost about $500,000 going to OMB and going against staff reports which council has never won going against in the past was a no brainier in supporting the report. It possible that the City may not get anyone from the outside to fight this at OMB since there was no grounds to do so.

Slightly confusingly for the Chelsea Green redevelopment on the Eaton Chelsea hotel site in Downtown Toronto, this is now being marketed as Chelsea on the Green by Lormel Homes. No renderings yet, but there is this site plan. Phase one to be 12 storeys.

ChealseaOTGSitePln1280.jpg

Attachments

• ChealseaOTGSitePln1280.jpg
    ChealseaOTGSitePln1280.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 673
They are marketing this with tower 1 at 12s to the rear and tower II as 22s on Rathburn/Ponytrail. No idea when it got increase to 22s from 15s

Edit: I should note the size of the units for both buildings 524-749

http://chelseaonthegreen.com

Last edited:
This has disappeared from Lormel's website without a trace. The sales centre was still there when Google drove its Street Views car by in May, 2019 though…

If they just weren't selling enough condos here, I still assume this site would work with two new rental towers, so… ?

If anyone has a more concrete update though, please add!

When by the site today as I need to do something near by and looks like construction has started. Its a rare event for me to be in the area and will have to find time to check it out.

No apparent permits have been issued. The project website has been dead since 2019, but as of September 2021 the 'coming soon' sign was still on the property, via Google Street View.

Attached are visuals from the 2014 Planning Justification:
4100_Ponytrail_PJRUpdate_Dec_2014-0.jpg

4100_Ponytrail_PJRUpdate_Dec_2014-3.jpg

4100_Ponytrail_PJRUpdate_Dec_2014-4.jpg

4100_Ponytrail_PJRUpdate_Dec_2014-6.jpg

Public_Notice-OZ12009-1.jpg

OZ12009-2.jpg

2015-000-150618_-_Master_Plan-Option_B-1.jpg

Back