Vaughan Centro Square Condos & Shops | ?m | 33s | Liberty Development | Kirkor

Demolition of the former dealership began yesterday. Most of the garage is gone and it won't be too long 'till the site is flat.

llJGJdX.jpg

URL for full size: http://i.imgur.com/llJGJdX.jpg

Attachments

• llJGJdX.jpg
    llJGJdX.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 1,476
Last edited:
Hoarding went up a couple days ago (beautiful cheap unpainted plywood) and they've started digging.

This development should have happened at Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, in my opinion.

This is the perfect location for this tower. No Woodbridge NIMBY neighbours to complain, a massive site unused for quite a while on 2 major arteries with VIVA Rapidway out front (soon enough) and a 10 minute walk to the subway (Portage Pkwy or 7) and every major store within a 10 minute walk or 10 minute drive. VMCC will be developed once the subway is there and they start tearing down Walmart, Future Shop and the rest of the stuff on the site.

15 minute walk across the 400 to get to the subway.. Most people will probably just take VIVA to get there. That said, there is an insane amount of retail in the area, all easily accessible and many stores being the only in the GTA. Burgers Priest is across the street too which is always nice.

Last edited:
This is the perfect location for this tower. No Woodbridge NIMBY neighbours to complain, a massive site unused for quite a while on 2 major arteries with VIVA Rapidway out front (soon enough) and a 10 minute walk to the subway (Portage Pkwy or 7) and every major store within a 10 minute walk or 10 minute drive. VMCC will be developed once the subway is there and they start tearing down Walmart, Future Shop and the rest of the stuff on the site.

I agree with most of what you said, but what makes you so sure they'll tear down Walmart and other stores in the area? That walmart specifically is packed with customers from opening to closing time. I hope what you say happens, but I just don't see why the owners would want to sell when they're presumably making a large operating profit.

Wal Mart is owned by Smart Centres, who owns half of the planned area of VMC. I have "insider" sources that it will be torn down, as well as the fact that it has been highly advertised that it will be torn down. Jane to the 400, Portage to Highway 7 is all owned by Smart Centres and anything in that area will eventually be torn down and replaced.

VMC-Site2.jpg

The wal-mart is currently located to the right of the KPMG building.

Last edited:
I've been hearing rumours of that Walmart moving for years now. I haven't heard anything on where Walmart would move to though.

I always thought they might move to the abandoned Rona at Weston + 7. But there seems to be something going on there already.

15 minute walk across the 400 to get to the subway.. Most people will probably just take VIVA to get there. That said, there is an insane amount of retail in the area, all easily accessible and many stores being the only in the GTA. Burgers Priest is across the street too which is always nice.

And a Smoke's Poutine place across the street as well.

I sort of figure the plaza with the Burger's Priest is the next prime target for condos.

I've been hearing rumours of that Walmart moving for years now. I haven't heard anything on where Walmart would move to though.

I always thought they might move to the abandoned Rona at Weston + 7. But there seems to be something going on there already.

Considering there are 5 Walmarts with 10km of that location it may not need to be replaced or, depending on how urban Vaughan plans to make VMCC, they'll put it in the podium of one of the new towers.

And a Smoke's Poutine place across the street as well.

I sort of figure the plaza with the Burger's Priest is the next prime target for condos.

There are so many location in the Woodbridge neighbourhood of Vaughan to put up towers but VMCC and the empty lots will be built first before the infamous Woodbridge NIMBYs allow towers to tear down their shopping (you should have heard the Ward 2 debates!)

My 2 cents, the gas stations on either corner of this intersection (7/Weston) as well as the Hyundai dealership make much better candidates for knocking down and adding towers.

Last edited:

Attachments

• mlrXfTn.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 580
  • iwaZ3qC.jpg
    iwaZ3qC.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 737
  • ChybtDH.jpg
    ChybtDH.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 789
  • r13fpVJ.jpg
    r13fpVJ.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 794
  • ro2vtcp.jpg
    ro2vtcp.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 923
  • PT4DoKI.jpg
    PT4DoKI.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 716
  • PZHwfz1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 562
lots of progress since I was last up there in late August. They were just starting excavation then. Good to see an update on this project, thanks.

Wal Mart is owned by Smart Centres, who owns half of the planned area of VMC. I have "insider" sources that it will be torn down, as well as the fact that it has been highly advertised that it will be torn down. Jane to the 400, Portage to Highway 7 is all owned by Smart Centres and anything in that area will eventually be torn down and replaced.

VMC-Site2.jpg

The wal-mart is currently located to the right of the KPMG building.

Calloway REIT buys/owns the properties SmartCentre develops/manages. Walmart owns a piece of SmartCentre. SmartCentre owns a piece of Calloway REIT.

Back