Toronto Brant Park | 35.36m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

434 Adelaide Street West (11s)

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApplications/searchPlanningApp.do

434 ADELAIDE ST W
Site Plan Approval 11 237693 STE 20 SA Ward 20
- Tor & E.York Jul 13, 2011 Application Submitted Jul 13, 2011 Residential Apartments Tulloch, Shelly
(416) 392-7613

Site plan approval to permit the development of the site for a new 11 storey mixed use building containing 167 residential units, 598square metres of ground floor commercial space with 78 parking spaces in a below grade parking facility.

Replacing this crap:

343ad.jpg

I don't quite understand the love towards Brant Park's design ... which yes do resemeble the Tower Hill Apartments, but what's special about the 50s boxy modern architectural style ?

I'm not particularly impressed by the dated look personally ~ its just my 2 cents worth though ...

This reminds me of the architecture/buildings on St.Clair Ave. W. -- Nice.

A cafe facing the park should do real well here. I'm all for more retail space on the ground floor of new condos in the King West neighborhoods.

I think it's a simple, clean, classic, timeless design. I like it a lot.
I am also tired of seeing the trendy staggered window patterns you see on most condos these days -- that motif will probably be considered tacky 20 years from now, just like how we view architecture of the 80's today.

This is the Brant Park site.

That's right .... the Brant Park site includes 434, 436, 438, 440, 442 and 444 Adelaide Street West :)

The Brant Park renderings actually show the easterly adjacent existing buildings at 432 Adelaide Street West (note the black rounded canopy):

I do wonder though, when will 422-432 Adelaide Street West come through with a redevelopment proposal ?? :confused:

I don't quite understand the love towards Brant Park's design ... which yes do resemeble the Tower Hill Apartments, but what's special about the 50s boxy modern architectural style ?

I'm not particularly impressed by the dated look personally ~ its just my 2 cents worth though ...

What's special is that it's the complete opposite of your assessment. The "50s boxy modern" style is graceful, and ages very well. Brant Park is clean, and has a light design that comes right up to the street without overpowering it.

Besides, from most of your posts, it's quite clear that you're not much of a fan of the Modernist aesthetic; especially aA's take on it. To each their own, but I believe we'll be far less regretful of buildings like Brant Park, than we will of stuff like the Success Tower, RoCP, the stuff down in Etobicoke, etc. in all their overwrought glory.

I wouldn't mind seeing the old one built... but this one is a classic. Another version of the older one will likely turn up somewhere in town, somewhere in time.

I wouldn't mind seeing the old one built... but this one is a classic. Another version of the older one will likely turn up somewhere in town, somewhere in time.

This is a classic. Too bad it couldn't be higher so it could make more of an impact. A couple of these along the lake would be nice.

from most of your posts, it's quite clear that you're not much of a fan of the Modernist aesthetic; especially aA's take on it. To each their own, but I believe we'll be far less regretful of buildings like Brant Park, than we will of stuff like the Success Tower, RoCP, the stuff down in Etobicoke, etc. in all their overwrought glory.

Hey at least I'm consistent ... LOL :)

Indeed ... to each their own, these are times where members will have to 'agree to disagree' ~ :cool:

Back