Toronto BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

A star is born! I think it's become clear this past week that this is arguably Toronto's finest professional sporting facility and undeniably it's most cost effective.

The final is definitely at BMO. TFC would be pissed if they had to play the final on Turf. And MLS likely won't be making any last minute stadium changes after what happened in Montreal.

I know when they did the outdoor NHL game in Buffalo it took them a few weeks to get it ready for the ice surface but that was because of how the feild slopes there I'm not sure how much prep they will have to do at BMO for it but I think that they would want to be in there as soon as possible to get it ready.

You do realize this is soccer right? They don't need to put in an ice surface. The field is already set up. It's where they played tonight. The 2010 MLS cup was played at BMO Field so there is absolutely no reason why they wouldn't use it again, especially with all of the upgrades and the temporary stands that were put in just in case TFC made it this far.

The final is definitely at BMO. TFC would be pissed if they had to play the final on Turf. And MLS likely won't be making any last minute stadium changes after what happened in Montreal.

You do realize this is soccer right? They don't need to put in an ice surface. The field is already set up. It's where they played tonight. The 2010 MLS cup was played at BMO Field so there is absolutely no reason why they wouldn't use it again, especially with all of the upgrades and the temporary stands that were put in just in case TFC made it this far.
I ment for the centennial classic hockey game on January 1st. Depending on when MLSE wants to start getting BMO ready for it they may have to move it to the Rogers centre. Plus they can always put in temporary grass at the Rogers centre for the game as well.

I ment for the centennial classic hockey game on January 1st. Depending on when MLSE wants to start getting BMO ready for it they may have to move it to the Rogers centre. Plus they can always put in temporary grass at the Rogers centre for the game as well.

They aren't moving the Centennial Classic. Whole point is for it to be done outside.
The Penguins played their Winter Classic in 2011 three weeks after the Steelers had their last home game (Dec 8th). Enough time to convert the field

Nothing is being moved.

The 2008 Winter Classic was played 8 days after the Bills played the Giants at Ralph Wilson Stadium - it won't be an issue.

From my seat at the top of section 208 last night - and I mean the very top - last row.

264i5c2.jpg

ncd5j.jpg

And if you turn 180 degrees

2nw05jr.jpg

parking lot pic was a good hour before kick off

Those are scalpers speculating.
TFC SSH only get the chance to buy their seats tomorrow.

Walking to BMO from Liberty Village: (not the camera I normally use)
SAM_1599.jpg

From the middle of section 204, some 10 rows or so infront of the 500 Montreal fans (some threw their beer cans when TFC made it 3-2):
SAM_1601.jpg

SAM_1606.jpg

SAM_1607.jpg

And a cell shot of the temporary stand, on the left, looking extremely awkward from this vantage point:
2016-11-30 21.55.50.jpg

Attachments

• SAM_1606.jpg
    SAM_1606.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 678
  • 2016-11-30 21.55.50.jpg
    2016-11-30 21.55.50.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 652
  • SAM_1601.jpg
    SAM_1601.jpg
    684.9 KB · Views: 685
  • SAM_1607.jpg
    SAM_1607.jpg
    668.5 KB · Views: 628
  • SAM_1599.jpg
    SAM_1599.jpg
    713.1 KB · Views: 719

The temporary stands were installed for the Grey Cup and Centennial Classic.

Back