Toronto BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

Photos please, we need the forum to unite and get a first glimpse of that roof :p
Hard to do in "drive by"...looks like the East side now has all their panels up and one on the west....of course, at this time, the "panels" are just huge grids of steel and need to be covered.

Hard to do in "drive by"...looks like the East side now has all their panels up and one on the west....of course, at this time, the "panels" are just huge grids of steel and need to be covered.
Lol obviously just joking. I'm really curious to see how it looks once they start covering if it looks as good as rendering with already some obvious differences

Lol obviously just joking. I'm really curious to see how it looks once they start covering if it looks as good as rendering with already some obvious differences
it actually looks very imposing from, both, the Gardiner and the Lake Shore.....the roof structures look (at least in their present form) massive.

it actually looks very imposing from, both, the Gardiner and the Lake Shore.....the roof structures look (at least in their present form) massive.
There's obviously a long way to go but do both the roofs look aligned in height, some would call that being picky but personally it would really making it look so much better and I wish they would get rid of the mini roof that was part of the west side stands where the press box was, all the renderings focus on the east side and try and hide the roof when showing the west, it would be weird having that huge roof then a little roof poking out

There's obviously a long way to go but do both the roofs look aligned in height, some would call that being picky but personally it would really making it look so much better and I wish they would get rid of the mini roof that was part of the west side stands where the press box was, all the renderings focus on the east side and try and hide the roof when showing the west, it would be weird having that huge roof then a little roof poking out
At highway speeds the east and west look pretty much the same height....that would have to be achieved (if it was) by increasing the gap between roof and top of the seats on the west as the east is a much higher set of stands....but that may be the case.

I get what you are saying about the mini roof on the west but the reality is it won't "poke out" as it is miniscule in relative size to the new roofs which extend all the way out to the touchlines. Not sure if you have ever been to a british football stadium but I think the look of that mini roof over the press box will end up being a simulation of/homage to (accidently of course) the security control rooms that are common in those stadiums.

At highway speeds the east and west look pretty much the same height....that would have to be achieved (if it was) by increasing the gap between roof and top of the seats on the west as the east is a much higher set of stands....but that may be the case.

I get what you are saying about the mini roof on the west but the reality is it won't "poke out" as it is miniscule in relative size to the new roofs which extend all the way out to the touchlines. Not sure if you have ever been to a british football stadium but I think the look of that mini roof over the press box will end up being a simulation of/homage to (accidently of course) the security control rooms that are common in those stadiums.
Never been to European match but hoping to one day visit the San Siro. But by poking out I meant in the seats it will be clearly visible but at least we got a upgraded stadium so I'm satisfied regardless of that

This part of the roof goes up real fast....at least to sections on the west side up now (could be more but by the time I passed the stadium this morning traffic was moving faster than usual so I was moving at a fair clip).

Thursday's drive-by from the Lake Shore. You can't really tell, but the roof panels were installed along the upper-most level of the east stand.
2015-12-17 15.42.00-1.jpg
2015-12-17 15.42.08.jpg
2015-12-17 15.42.10.jpg
2015-12-17 15.42.12.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-12-17 15.42.00-1.jpg
    2015-12-17 15.42.00-1.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 1,513
  • 2015-12-17 15.42.08.jpg
    2015-12-17 15.42.08.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 1,541
  • 2015-12-17 15.42.10.jpg
    2015-12-17 15.42.10.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 1,517
  • 2015-12-17 15.42.12.jpg
    2015-12-17 15.42.12.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 1,525
Appreciate all the updates.

So now that the north stands are being removed for the Argos, is there any chance of the stadium being extended and the stands rebuilt? Is there room for that?

Appreciate all the updates.

So now that the north stands are being removed for the Argos, is there any chance of the stadium being extended and the stands rebuilt? Is there room for that?
It will be a patio/concrete stage area that will be able to host temporary stands for things like Grey Cups and outdoor hockey games. Neither of the permanent tenants has shown that they need more than the 28k seats on the other 3 sides on a regular basis.

Neither of the permanent tenants has shown that they need more than the 28k seats on the other 3 sides on a regular basis.

Maybe they can still add a roof/canopy to the northside and include some luxury boxes, instead of seating, at least until it is required. I'm sure MLSE is still trying to figure out a plan for the northside of the stadium.

Back