Toronto Bloor Street Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Bloor-Yorkville BIA | architectsAlliance

They're not enough for any type of cyclists who can't find bicycle parking because there isn't that much of it.

I think perhaps some people are lazy and expect to be able to park directly in front of whereever they are going. That is not the case for any other vehicle, so maybe searching for an appropriate spot instead of parking a bike where it is clearly stated otherwise is a good idea.

I noted that section on May 25th, dunno what's going on there.

I believe there was an article in the Star about this at some point. If I recall correctly, there is a basement as part of the FC property that extends under the sidewalk that the utilities companies and city didn't know about and that I gather wasn't supposed to be there. So, they started digging and it caused issues with the foundation of that property.

I think perhaps some people are lazy and expect to be able to park directly in front of whereever they are going. That is not the case for any other vehicle, so maybe searching for an appropriate spot instead of parking a bike where it is clearly stated otherwise is a good idea.

Actually, it seems to be exactly the case for many drivers, too. Walking a distance for many drivers seems completely unacceptable and thus some even park illegally not to or avoid driving to areas where they might have to walk five minutes from where they parked. It may be different on Bloor where there is no curb parking, but even there many buildings have underground parking.

It's hard to think of cyclists as lazy. Having a bicycle in front of the building you're going into makes it easier to keep an eye on it. Though some cyclists simply don't want to look around, the fact is that more parking is necessary in this busy area.

There a lot of dead trees on Bloor East. It looks awful. I can't believe a year later and the trees are dead?! I hope they come back next year. Otherwise, it's not a good sign for how well these trees will do long-term.

The trees were planted a month or two ago. I assume its possible that shock caused the leaf lost and they may still recover.

The trees were planted a month or two ago. I assume its possible that shock caused the leaf lost and they may still recover.

On Bloor East? Those were planted a year or more ago.

(Though the new Bloor West ones so far look healthier--whether because of this year's weather or because of "learning lessons" from Bloor East, I don't know)

isnt there like some celebration tomorrow for this streets revitilization or resurection some might say?

When I was by today around 6:30-7pm Bloor was closed and they were rolling out red carpets on the street. Don't know what the red carpets are for exactly...

Back