Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

I've never understood why there's often so many gaps in between bricks vertically. Is there a reason for it? They being cheap? Lazy? I just don't get it.

You often see vertical gaps in finished brickwork and it looks like someone forgot to put mortar there but it's done on purpose. Those little gaps allow trapped moisture to escape from behind the bricks.

That brick actually looks really nice.

At work on the flooring of the 26th level. 6 more levels to go.

Work on the brick continues on the north side but not too much progress has been made since the last photo update.

You often see vertical gaps in finished brickwork and it looks like someone forgot to put mortar there but it's done on purpose. Those little gaps allow trapped moisture to escape from behind the bricks.

Ah. I suspected there was a reason. Thanks. :)

Dark green like London on the Esplanade dark green?

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to swing by tomorrow.

hmm... I not for the dark forest green window colours ... I think it definitely takes away from the otherwise good looking building .... IMO

the dark forest green window colours

You're right. Wasn't "Forest Green" the colour that everyone had to have back in the early 90s? The more I look at these windows the more I'm not liking them.

I pray whoever chose these has nothing to do with the glass on Casa.

Last edited:
so far i like the green ... nice traditional colour ... may have sided with eggplant though

Maybe it's just me but I love it!! If it were light green not so much but I think this may turn out nice.

You're right. Wasn't "Forest Green" the colour that everyone had to have back in the early 90s? The more I look at these windows the more I'm not liking them.

I recall a lighter shade of green being somewhat popular, along with green trim along facades. It must have been a postmodern reference to copper.

Back