Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

The first of the bricks being laid on the north side.

DSCN3755.jpg

I dunno. If you look at these (older) pics of BSN's neighbours, it think it might work well with the YMCA and the condo and commercial businesses on Hayden.

smDSCN2172.jpg

smDSCN2170_2.jpg

I think they'll only be doing this pattern to the first 3 or 4 floors. I wonder if that pattern will only be on the north side...

smDSCN1836_2.jpg

so BSN is stucco cladding + brick? I didn't realise and thought it was just stucco ~

yes the brick pattern looks pretty bad right now because its VERY incomplete ... I do hope/think it'll look better once a entire section of a wall is bricked up~

Bloor Street Neighbourhood Progress, Sept. 26, 2008

Working on the flooring of the 21st level... 11 more to go. And here's some progress on the brickwork on the north side.

They are definitely deviating from the model of the building. The tower portion is clearly not going to be in a symetrical rectangular shape.

Yup, I am quite glad to see that the upper extension will look part and parcel with the rest of the building. The version shown in the model looked like something was just dropped on top of the original plan with little thought.

Since no one seems to know for sure... it's actually quite possible they're about to start another setback. I guess we'll find out in a few days...

seems unlikely with the location of the crane though I would think. If they dont keep building straight up on that south face they wont be able to jack the crane up high enough to complete the upper floors... I guess we'll see.

my bets go to no further setbacks after the 16th floor ... much like Casaguy's previous mock-up

and the upper tower will just looks like "it was just dropped on top" as some have already described in this thread

Casa may surpass BSN before BSN tops out after all.

Thanks for the new angle. It took forever to figure out where you were taking this picture from. (You're standing in the vacant lot on the south side of Wellesley just west of Yonge, right?)

At work on the flooring of the 23rd level. 9 more levels to go. Not much more movement has occurred on the brick on the north side. (And it looks like no more setbacks).

New Rendering

from Cresford's brochure

new ......... VS ......... old

BSN-new.jpg
491459277_dbeb34f5a5_o.jpg

according to the revised BSN website ... the newly added floors are called the 'Celebration Collection' all with 10 foot ceilings ~

I'll take the newer version over the stumpy old one, even if the upper portion does end up looking like it was dragged and plopped on.

Back