Richmond Hill Beverly Hills Condominium | ?m | 24s | Great Lands

I like the version in the advertisement, looks pretty sharp... wish we'd see more designs that incorporate these multi-level set backs and terraces!

They make me think of the university residences built in the 60's in the concrete mass style; for example the University of Guelph student village.

On the other hand there is some passing resemblance to the condos on Queens Quay; Kings Landing (?) or to the step down of the condo behind the church at Avenue Road and Bloor.

Yeah, these are not the most graceful looking things. Compared to our other suburbs, Richmond Hill is joining the high-rise game late...and off to a bad start.

6184971831_efe9241f31_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the new rendering Travis ... I gather this would be the view from the Southeast corner of the site with Yonge Street in the foreground ~

Compared to our other suburbs, Richmond Hill is joining the high-rise game late...

yes and no .... Richmond Hill started their condo cluster in the Yonge corridor between Hwy 7 & 16th Ave a good 10 years ago in this area, beginning with Pemberton and Empire Communities' Gates @ Bayview Glen 1+2, Empire Place on Yonge (x3), Premier, Park Glen 1+2, The Royal, The Vineyards (x3), and Miracle @ Yonge 1+2 (formerly Emerald)

They make me think of the university residences built in the 60's in the concrete mass style; for example the University of Guelph student village.

On the other hand there is some passing resemblance to the condos on Queens Quay; Kings Landing (?) or to the step down of the condo behind the church at Avenue Road and Bloor.

Are you talking about University of Guelph's South Residence or East Townhouse (student village)? I think you're referring to South Residence since you mentioned the 60s. I lived in South for 1 year and this looks nothing like it. South is made up of three diamond quarters, each with inner courtyard. It has tons of concrete and narrow windows. The rendering shows floor to ceiling glazing.

Although South looks hideous from the outside, the history of the building and the atmosphere it creates is unique and fun to live in. I have no idea what comparison you are trying to make here.

See image on left hand side
prairie.jpg

Last edited:
Although Yonge in RH is becoming a condo corridor, it looks like it will be suburban, rather than urban like NYCC, as there will be grass between the sidewalk and the curb.

Last edited:
The rendering is not an accurate depiction of Yonge Street when the buildings will be finished since it does not show the VIVA Rapidway on Yonge, which, according to the latest status report from the York Region Rapid Transit Corporation, is expected to start construction in early 2013 and be completed in 2016.

Are you talking about University of Guelph's South Residence or East Townhouse (student village)? I think you're referring to South Residence since you mentioned the 60s. I lived in South for 1 year and this looks nothing like it. South is made up of three diamond quarters, each with inner courtyard. It has tons of concrete and narrow windows. The rendering shows floor to ceiling glazing.

Although South looks hideous from the outside, the history of the building and the atmosphere it creates is unique and fun to live in. I have no idea what comparison you are trying to make here.

See image on left hand side
prairie.jpg

Thanks for the picture dlam, I am going from a very hazy memory from many years ago.

It probably was the south residence; what did stand out for me was that to get to one room, you had go through another. They were sort of nested inside one another.

I was not thinking of the glass and from the picture, the height of the buildings are not at all comparable, as you say.

So all the retail is essentially in that strip between the buildings ?

I don't think people living here will be driving Lambos and Maybachs.
The flashy cars in these renderings are overkill.

313038_269309123085243_259632017386287_1342986_6726161_n.jpg

I could see why the woman in the blue dress needs to hold on to her man... she has only one leg!!!

Right,

When we all know the truth will likely consist of supped up civics.

Sorry for the stereotype :)

Back