Toronto Berczy Park Revitalization | ?m | ?s

So is the bottom lip on the fountain base intended to have water in it for dogs to drink out of?? If so... that's a nice extra touch!

So is the bottom lip on the fountain base intended to have water in it for dogs to drink out of?? If so... that's a nice extra touch!

That's the intent of the design - and if I recall the plans correctly, it uses a separate water circuit from the fountain itself.

AoD

That's the intent of the design - and if I recall the plans correctly, it uses a separate water circuit from the fountain itself.

AoD

That's a nice gesture, and smart to keep it separate, given the number of people who seem to think it's a harmless gag to dump detergent in fountains.

I also hope that the drinking water is replenished reasonably frequently -- continually circulating fountain water would get rather foul to drink after a while.

I also hope that the drinking water is replenished reasonably frequently -- continually circulating fountain water would get rather foul to drink after a while.

It will be - from the project consultation slidedeck (I can't find it online anymore):

upload_2016-7-22_14-51-2.png

You can see that the water from the drinking trough will be drained/recirculated into the fountain for reuse. The water from the dog spouts outside the fountain proper will be potable from the looks of it.

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-22_14-51-2.png
    upload_2016-7-22_14-51-2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,100

Back