Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I think it looks fine. Better to have it than not to. The bars, restaurants, and banks at ground level are all great. The only issue with the building is the underground mall and the layout/access of the big box stores.

But it's an all around good hub, a great looking building, and will be greatly complimented by the other buildings planned for that intersection (Chelsea Green etc.).

That's a very charitable assessment for a building which tends to look striking only from a great distance and looks cool up close provided you can manage to ignore the inelegant lower two-thirds!
My consolation is that it will gradually become lost (or at least nicely obscured) amongst a veritable forest of similarly tall buildings.

I think it looks fine. Better to have it than not to. The bars, restaurants, and banks at ground level are all great. The only issue with the building is the underground mall and the layout/access of the big box stores.

But it's an all around good hub, a great looking building, and will be greatly complimented by the other buildings planned for that intersection (Chelsea Green etc.).

I agree, remember what was there before, "nothing" most here are set in not liking it,
for goodness sake! they even trash talk the new Billboard, lol

Ill take this anytime over the bling that most people are drooling over @ Yonge and Bloor and looks like it belongs in Miami or Panama City.... not to mention its taken forever to build

Ill take this anytime over the bling that most people are drooling over @ Yonge and Bloor and looks like it belongs in Miami or Panama City.... not to mention its taken forever to build

As to this, which belongs to the bargain, if not trash bin? It's a really funny way to stand up for bad design and architecture.

AoD

Sometimes things aren't all about design and architecture, but what it brings to a neighbourhood

You made it sound like the two things are mutually exclusive when it isn't. Besides, a half-dead mall with an active lawsuit isn't exactly what I'd gloat about "bringing to the neighbourhood"

AoD

Looks just about done.

35472294180_fac909ba75_b.jpg

Back