Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Awesome! I couldn't be happier about that.

I love how easy they are to spot from so far away. They're incredibly bold when you're coming down on the DVP and even on the Gardiner from Etobicoke. What a terrific addition to our night skyline! My only wish is that they could change colours but they're still wonderful the way they are.
Personally, I would leave the white as is.

Haha, nicely worded. The Trump Tower you say? That's another story…

but, in this case, no, as the lights on Aura are not a part of the public art component of the building. I'm under the impression that that's still to come as part of the Barbara Ann Scott Park makeover. The lights are an added frill here!

Days are getting shorter - 4:30pm.

697e1b66_o.jpeg

Attachments

• 697e1b66_o.jpeg
    697e1b66_o.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 678
It's been a week now since the lights have been on past 10:30pm. I'm more of the mind that it had to do with FLAP once the light tests/inspections were complete late in the summer.

They went off yesterday at exactly 6:45 but today it was 6:48. So either it's manual and someone was late today or it's a sensor

Last edited:
I was told something last night that surprised me a bit, but if I have this right, goes a ways to explaining why one thing is the way it is downstairs at Aura: Great West Life Realty, owners of College Park, own the connecting link between it and Aura, all the way up to and including the crash doors. Apparently they're the company that needs to be leaned on to improve that interface between the buildings.

What incentive is there for GWL to want to improve the connection between the two?

Back