Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

The Gerrard St side actually looks nice and fits well. Can't say the same for the section on Yonge.. It's too small, looks out of place.

I love it. I've seen these types of patios all over Europe, and even in Chicago, NYC, and Miami, where they look amazing and add incredible vibrancy. I always wondered why our liquor laws prevented this type of patio and am so happy to see that we're finally catching on.

I like it much better than being up against the building too. The only thing I would like to see is something to replace the velvet rope barrier. Something that would look a little more permanent, but be just as flexible.

Having the patio on the outer portion of the sidewalk also means pedestrians get to take advantage of the canopy over the sidewalk for shelter from rain. With the patio against the building, the canopy would be completely useless when it rains, as it wouldn't be enough to cover the tables, and wouldn't be accessible to pedestrians because the tables and chairs would be up against it.

Another plus, the patio prevents jaywalking so close to the intersection.

I think it looks good, too! And with people will looks even better!
But UT is the place where people tend to judge buildings not even completed, so... what did you expected? :p

Go somewhere like Barcelona and those types of patios are everywhere. There's not always space next to the restaurant itself. In fact I've seen set-up's like this all over Europe. If we block off the two outer lanes of traffic this summer on Yonge like we did before this will fit right in!

The patios look fine, they just need to replace the velvet ropes with something different - maybe a fence or wood structure that blocks it more from the sidewalk.

Something along these lines?

Untitled-4.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,127
Last edited:

Back