Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Today:

cvCBeaQ.jpg

I just noticed the (Scarborough skyline?) in the background, sweet photo. Even more impressive is that any unit from the west setback to the top of the tower will essentially have an amazing, unobstructed view.
In short: the residents of Aura will have a view of everything.

I went to the mall the other day - there are a few businesses open down there, mostly hair salons, and several nail salons and a sushi place appear to be opening soon. A few other places had "rented" signs on them. But a lot of spaces aren't rented yet - it's surprisingly huge, actually.

Window wall is usually lifted into place by hand, those frames look quite a bit longer than some of the other floors so they probably popped out the glass to make them lighter to handle, and then it's no big deal to reinstall the glass later

I noticed that the top two completed floors in this picture have higher ceiling heights... does this trend continue up the building from now on, or are these floors full of special units with uniquely higher ceilings, like what happens on certain floors in College Park phases 1&2?

I believe someone a while ago said the upper floors were double height. That's why even though there are fewer floors to build the tower is still expected to rise quite a bit.

I was in the area today, and I must admit how beautiful the MET buildings are when looking at them from Ryerson (Victoria St.) together with AURA. If AURA had darker glasses with round edges on the corners all the way to the bottom, it would have been close to a landmark.

The balconies really do look like crap. The architect might of thought the floor spacing differences would make the building more interesting. Really, the only reaction it's invoking in me is: "what the hell is wrong with that building?"

I was checking out the roundabout/driveway into Aura yesterday (off of Gerrard beside the loading dock). They've put up this silver-coloured, plastic-y, quasi metallic material around all of the columns. Not sure how I feel about these finishings. Perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions without seeing how the entire area comes together first.

Any thoughts out there on this?

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2131.jpg
    IMG_2131.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_2132.jpg
    IMG_2132.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 740

Back