Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

In fairness, any corridor lined with empty shops is going to look bland. This really does not look much different from the renderings on the Aura retail site, except the dramatic lighting, oversized pictures and sculptures are all missing. Maybe they are yet to come. I still live in hope. :)

In fairness, any corridor lined with empty shops is going to look bland. This really does not look much different from the renderings on the Aura retail site, except the dramatic lighting, oversized pictures and sculptures are all missing. Maybe they are yet to come. I still live in hope. :)

true lets all just wait and see its still very new after all.

You think those things are going to save it? They're lipstick on a pig.

This seems to follow a business model that's being used in the 905: sell far more retail units than the market requires as condo units to investors and end-users -- with cheap finishes to keep the prices low -- and then let them deal with low traffic and leasing out empty units. For every successful example of the retail condo model (Pacific Mall), there are a dozen struggling smaller malls and plazas. Canderel are smart because they are leasing out the space to the big retailers and selling off the bad space (over 100 of these units! http://www.retailataura.com//pdf/p1%20plan%20Apr%2026.10.pdf).

PenEquity probably feels stupid for not using this model for 10 Dundas East.

Last edited:
The corridors are really small but do you think they could make it as interesting as this underground mall?
[video=youtube;A1UE9xRete0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1UE9xRete0&t=3m44s[/video]

GO TO 3:45
3:45

^Ha I need to get myself to Korea. Love that crazy intensity. But no, Shops @Aura will never be like them imo. 1)Units are too tiny. 2)It's Toronto. 3)It's competing with the Eaton Centre & College Park.

But it would be interesting if they'd used brick on the floor, vibrant colours & better lighting to sort of recreate an underground "old town" feel.

One thing this would be good for: artists & art galleries, but could artists afford these units? Being so close to RyeHigh, would be a great idea to target students.

The majority of the units are for lease, making me wonder if just like the condo units above, most of these units were bought by investors/flippers?

This place reminds me of the Crossways Mall meets Kingsgate Mall (Vancouver. Entering BB&B really reminds me of the feel you get entering Buy Low at Kingsgate Mall, for those of you familiar with the Main & Broadway area.)

So you entered the Horra$how via Young? (spelling intentional becuz I can imagine the ppl shopping here lolz) Welcome to THE mall:
20121116153701.jpg

Last edited:
They had better slap on some serious aesthetic touches to the interior of that sucker. It's incredibly bland right now. It has a joyless, barren anonymity to it.

If they could at least make the floor shine. And I don't understand the doors, they seem permanently enclosed. Where are the sliding glass doors?

Another towering pile of heinous, cheap, banal CRAP from spanderel bonerage and grazziani Corazza "architects". Another missed opportunity for Toronto.

Another towering pile of heinous, cheap, banal CRAP from spanderel bonerage and grazziani Corazza "architects". Another missed opportunity for Toronto.

i think they were referring to the mall part not the exterior. Lets mind our wording to sound like adults on here please. Childish wording like crap and bone-rage... what ever that means. to describe a building doesn't make anyone sounds like they are making a point. simple descriptions for a dislike of something and saying the words " i really dislike this because i feel it makes this look a certain way (using of course your own wording that doesn't sound like a kid in a playground)

The corridors are really small but do you think they could make it as interesting as this underground mall?
[video=youtube;A1UE9xRete0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1UE9xRete0&t=3m44s[/video]

GO TO 3:45
3:45

Not just anywhere in Korea.......THIS is Gangham Style! (according to the video title)

Back