Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

In drum's snowy shots of the north side you can see one of the panels that will go between the floors. Looks pretty beige

Has anyone had a closer look at the said panel?

The renderings display a beige (light brown) trim between floors on the podium, which I’ve never really liked. A light cream (bone white) colour might be more tasteful.

Caltrane, maybe next time you’re on the prowl? ;)

I think they mean 1 million in additional funds to the park. Over what they already were on the hook for. Im all in favour of making that park a very special place!! Good news indeed!

It's better than great news! This, I strongly suspect, is the work of Councillor Wong-Tam who demands big section 37 funds when a developer asks for additional height/floors. I might have said this already but I'll say it again if I have, I'm as excited about the park improvements than I am about the Aura project. I really hope they put some real thought into the park design and make better use of the space available there.

Maybe they'll still leave a place to skate. Just a few years ago that little rink was the quietest (and thus I think nicest) place to skate downtown. You could go on a weekday night especially and often have it to yourself.

Has anyone had a closer look at the said panel?

The renderings display a beige (light brown) trim between floors on the podium, which I’ve never really liked. A light cream (bone white) colour might be more tasteful.

I walked by the site late this afternoon and the panel looks more white or cream than it does beige to me, but the low afternoon lighting may have also affected my perception of it. If I get there again this weekend I'll take a photo of it hopefully in good light.

Also noticed that they're now on the 10th floor, currently pouring the columns to support the 11th floor plate. 10 down, only 68 more to go! :)

I think they mean 1 million in additional funds to the park. Over what they already were on the hook for. Im all in favour of making that park a very special place!! Good news indeed!

It seems like a generous budjet for revamping the park. I think it was previously mentioned, but which company is designing the renovations?

If done right this could be a real sharp little urban park that will get lots of use.

I'm curious as to how the park has been used in the past -- it seems very isolated to me, and I can see it being the scene of much evening nefariousness. That said, I presume that having some higher-end condos now towering over it would reduce the attractiveness to unsavory types hanging out there.

I would be nice to see the lower-level plaza of College Park somehow incorporated more into the park -- that seems currently to be a missed opportunity.

If done right this could be a real sharp little urban park that will get lots of use.

Sharp or not, it will get lots of use by hordes of dog owners who have practically nowhere else to go in the vicinity.

Easy, just ban dogs. No offense to dogs or dog owners intended. Maybe a condo in the heart of the city just isn't the best lifestyle choice for them anyway?

Easy, just ban dogs. No offense to dogs or dog owners intended. Maybe a condo in the heart of the city just isn't the best lifestyle choice for them anyway?

I agree. The Lexington bans them, and I wish my building (RoCP 1) did as well. There are several dog owners on my floor, and let's just say the carpets have suffered the consequences.

I thought that the redesign & redevelopment of Barbara Ann Scott park was already part of the deal with the city when they got approval for 75 floors. Maybe now the have put a real dollar figure to it.

My initial thought was that the $1M(+) was additional (i.e. attached as a condition to this particular decision to allow the three additional floors), but I don't know that for a fact. The Decision reads, in relevant part: "The Minor Variance Application is Approved on Condition. This Decision is subject to the following condition(s): Prior to the issuance of an above-grade building permit, the owner/applicant shall make a financial contribution to the satisfaction of the City Solicitor, in the amount of $1,000,000 to be allocated to the redesign and redevelopment of the Barbara Ann Scott park, with the cash amount to be increased in accordance with the Non-Residential Construction Price Index for Toronto, calculated from the date of the Committee of Adjustment Hearing to the date of payment."

On another note, it seems "The altered building, including the structure enclosing the mechanical penthouse, will have a height of 272.335m"

Last edited:
272.33500 meters = 893.487533 feet! Nearly 900 feet at Yonge & Gerrard......amazing.....

Back