Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

IMO those are high end prices that are hard to get outside Yorkville/Bloor W. or five-star buildings.

According to the Aura site, the same 7 penthouses have been on sale now for months:
2T + D (SE) 2,961 72nd $3,380,000
2T + D (SE) 2,961 73rd $3,390,000
2W + D (NW) 2,335 72nd $2,237,600
2W + D (NW) 2,335 73$2,247,600
4 Bedroom + Den 5,200 74/F $6,800,000
4 Bedroom + Den 5,500 74/F $7,500,000
5 Bedroom + Den 11,370 75/F $17,500,000
Are these just TOO expensive or has the market dried up or, has Aura just not bothered to update their site. These have been on sale for a long long time.

There is likely no hurry by almost anyone out there right now including the builders. The builder has no need to sell these now as construction financing is in place and these suites won't be ready for years. The buyers have no reason to rush because there are very few people who can afford these places and even less of them that have any reason or desire to buy in Toronto. Also why put so much money forward now when the unit won't be ready for years? That's not to say these are overpriced or won't sell, but to expect they have to sell now is somewhat short sighted. These are not your typical units that thousands of us can afford to purchase for ourselves or as an investment.

I have a hard time believing that anyone would pay over 17 million to live at Yonge & Gerrard. It's just not that prestigious a location.

According to the webcam, it looks like they've finally started forming the fifth floor (the first floor above the time-intensive transfer slab).

Yes, they have started the 5th floor. I work nearby and saw some framing at the northeast corner of what will be the tower part yesterday. :)

I have a hard time believing that anyone would pay over 17 million to live at Yonge & Gerrard. It's just not that prestigious a location.

But then again, you're not living "at" Yonge and Gerrard, but 260 metres or so above it. Even if they don't find buyers, they can always divide the penthouses and sell them off as smaller condos.

`
aurao6.jpg

That's interesting. The crate (looks like a crate of anchors) says tenth floor, but I was under the impression that the curtainwall was only going up to the fourth. I think this one has more curtainwall than was originally reported.

Back