Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Much more of a mid-range condo vs what Bazis is doing at Yonge and Bloor. It should have fairly mass appeal for a variety of people from investors to first-time buyers and I'm sure some of the larger suites will attract move-up buyers.

Interestingly, parking just increased to $35,000. People who have bought a unit with parking theoritically have already made a profit of $5,000 =D.

the units were cheap really compared to 1 Bloor...

So it is possible...

Comparing with 1 Bloor E, Aura is quite cheap. I believe it will be sold fast. I was thinking Aura could set the sq ft price higher.
While probably the sales office only release 300 or less units on the past weekend, from some media.
Sometimes we can not trust what the sales office said about how many units have been sold.
1 Bloor E sales office announced 85% has been sold middle of Dec.07. While I was told today that 80% has been sold. And they have a lot of units available now, much more than 3 months ago...

what you mean by a lot...

Like from your numbers you say 20% or so, but a lot imo means not even half sold..

Many units that they put a red color sticker (sold) 3 months ago, while they have these units available now.
eg, they had one left only for Style 855 at that time. Now they say they have Style 855 all from floor 18 to floor 48.

interesting...

Could happen with this building but to a lesser degree imo.

They both combine to almost 1700 units I think and they are quite expensive.

If true re: 70% sold: wow that's almost 700 units. Maybe that man did buy 100 units for his syndicate in China?

I guess he wasn't bullshitting :)

70% sold already. Could be a gimmick, "70% sold - get in and buy or it'll be too late!". I find it hard to believe 700 units would sell that quick. But what do I know.

Large projects typically only release a portion of the units at a time. While I haven't seen the sales figures from this project yet it is quite possible that 70% of the released suits have sold. Another release of units is likely at a later date.

I was under the impression (I don't know for sure) that only the lower floors have been released for sales while the more expensive upper floor units have been held back.

Urbandreamer, while there is certainly both local and foreign investment in this project the price points of the lower floor units and location make this an attractive building for first-time home buyers and the upper floors will attract move-up and move-across buyers. I fully expect this tower to have a diverse mix of buyers and Canderel has created a unit mix to have mass appeal (a good plan considering the number of units they have to sell) rather then targeting a particular niche, which would have been a more risky strategy.

70% of the released units from floors 5-53 sounds more reasonable. I wonder if the premium floors above will have separate elevator banks to separate the masses?

Well, they better have... can you imagine living in a penthouse here and having to face up to 74 stops on the way down? I wonder how many banks of elevators the tower will contain: 3? One for every 25 floors approximately? (Surely there will be separate service for the podium too).

Back