Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Toronto certainly isn't afraid to charge Singapore like prices though. Supposedly there will be $1500/sqft penthouses up there.. who forks over 18 million dollars for cardboard cutout common elements? The basement looks like Tim Horton's.. is this value or luxury? Canderel blurs the lines...

That basement is obviously inspired by the best hospital designs. I'm sure I saw this hallway last summer at Montfort in Ottawa.

Marshall's, BMO (opening soon on the Yonge St. side, street level), Alice Fazooli's and Canyon Creek (both 200-seat restaurants).

If the electronic maps that they have installed are to be believed, the Canyon Creek will be on the main floor right at the corner of Yonge and Gerrard, while Alice Fazooli's entrance will be further west along Gerrard.

The Path connection is not through Atrium on Bay but College Park, and It's right past Downunder Beddings. You go down a flight of stairs and enter the basement retail area through a set of doors.

I've attached a higher quality picture of the BBB from http://www.auracondos.blogspot.ca

DSC00638.JPG

I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be.

Was there last night myself. Very disappointed for the most part. The mall is bizarre, to say the least, and the finishes are very disappointing. I fear it will look like a flea market within a few years.

Bed, Bath & Beyond is quite the mammoth store though. It's hard not to be impressed on some level. Not really my style in bedding or home decor (for the most part), but they will certainly give Sears, Canadian Tire, Home Outfitters and even HomeSense / Winners some stiff competition. I also overheard a manager telling a customer that it was Canada's largest and (I think I heard this correct) second only to the BB&B Manhattan flagship in terms of size.

Last edited:
The connection from Aura to College Park is complete, however it's the connection from the PATH to Aura that remains unfinished at present. If you want to access the Shops at Aura from 777 Bay, the entrance is down a flight of stairs (or down a set of elevators) right where the Down Under store is on the south side of College Park. It looks like this:

Aura College Park Connection.jpg

With some poking around yesterday, I also found the connection between Aura and the "Blue P" parking lot with the entrance off Bay, north of Gerrard.

Attachments

• Aura College Park Connection.jpg
    Aura College Park Connection.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 362
Pure shite!!

comon Canderel... what's wrong with you guys...

8191411258_b136e74c14_z.jpg

You can't get any more plain than that. If this was a low end shopping plaza on Weston Road, it would be perfectly fine but is this really what we expect in downtown Toronto, in one of its most prominent developments? This isn't some little, hidden corner of the city. Compare the design here, to Collage Park, right next door. Does anyone think this compares or eclipses it?

The outside of this building, so far, is fine with me but I think the interior design, is really pathetic. I really hope we don't keep getting more of these Metropolis quality interiors, with our new developments. Come on, I thought our standards were a little higher than that.

This does not look good. Looks like they went for the bare minimum. Why all the beige? I feel like that alone makes it feel so bland. Hopefully once some of the tenants move in it'll feel a lot more animated.

Last edited:

Back