Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

now there's some fresh new angles to look at ^!

now bring on the curved portion! cause it's getting real boring! especially the north side from anywhere north along yonge! we needa mix it up in here :D

Really liking the cladding on Aura. The window wall is especially impressive for what it is. Why couldn't L tower use similar quality cladding for the window wall portion? It looks hideous! (though the curtain wall looks great).
Am I missing the sarcasm here or something? Aura isn't even in the same league as L tower. Hell, Aura is barely even in the league of most of the rest of the average Toronto condo stock going up. All it has is height, nothing else.

Huh, what about the over 200,000 sq. ft. of retail space:confused:
That remains to be seen. It's a failure in my opinion in regards to design. If it's anything like Dundas Square (the building), while ugly, it will certainly serve a purpose though.

Last edited:
Regarding the retail, my perdiction, the small scale retail in the basement will not do well / along with the Food court ... the big box retail will do very well (along with the restaurants).

Just like the story at Dundas square !

Ah, you didn't forget. I believe he took some more from that spot and posted them in the Mars thread. I'll wait patiently. :)

isaidso, I have never forgotten nor ceased to search for the perfect image to do the render. :)

The extra picture from the MaRS thread helps fill out the view, but once stitched together you see it is still incomplete. I need someone to take several clear, overlapping images, in late afternoon, from the same spot.

Is that too much to ask for? LOL :D

pano.jpg

Attachments

• pano.jpg
    pano.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 240
Traynor: I will take some overlapping pix when I am back there on Thursday.

AHhhhhh SUH-weeeeeeet! :) Thanks rdaner!!!! That would be much appreciated. I live in Ottawa and my telephoto lens is not that good, or I'd take them myself. LOL

If possible, if you could include some sky with the tops of the buildings in them and down towards the Yonge & College intersection I would jump for joy.

I am not sure if you are familiar with how to take the best pics for panoramas, so forgive me if I am insulting your intelligence... But it is best to hold the camera as still as possible and just turn or tilt the camera around its own axis rather than turning your whole body and/or moving your arms up and down. That way the pictures line up more accurately and the stitching program can do a better job.

Take as many as you can and just private me with the pics.

Thanks in advance. I (and several forum members) have been waiting a long time for this!

:cool:

Hahaha, for goodness sake this structure isnt even half way up and people are all over its design....come-on, the best is yet to come
Sure it's early, but in my opinion there's a clear indication of where it's headed. Take a look at any picture of Aura that cuts off the current top where there's no glass (like the edited pic below, taken by someMidTowner) and this thing is a mess. A total mash-up of materials, design, and function. Besides the basic shape change we'll start seeing soon on the higher floors, what is yet to come other than more height? I just don't see it pulling together into something special other than its high floor count.

aura-sept-2012.jpg

I of course realize that balcony glass adds a lot, but to me that's not going to save Aura. That all said, from a distance I'm sure it'll look fine.

Let's reserve judgement until its finished. I've found that during construction a tower may look terrible, but once completed, and cleaned up (lots of mud and other dirt builds up on the exterior during construction) it can often look like an entirely different building, time will tell.

Let's reserve judgement until its finished. I've found that during construction a tower may look terrible, but once completed, and cleaned up (lots of mud and other dirt builds up on the exterior during construction) it can often look like an entirely different building, time will tell.

Please don't suggest common sense or tolerance on here. This is the Internet and is only the place for huge egos, narcissistic belief structures, imflamitory opinions, jumping to conclusions and knee-jerk reactionary thinking.

Any clear-headed, rational comments will be considered Trolling and you will be reprimanded.

:D

I'll still wait and see thank you very much, I believe, if the drawings are accurate, it will be an awesome looking tower, I know, silly me, being all optimistic, imagine that? Lol! :p

Back