Toronto Aqualuna at Bayside | 61.87m | 18s | Tridel | 3XN

IMG_8402.jpeg

IMG_8404.jpeg

What happened to all of the Tridel haters ? Tridel can build some boring buildings but speaking from experience they build quality buildings that no other Toronto developers build. Lately they have been building some architectural marvels to go along with their quality builds.

What happened to all of the Tridel haters ? Tridel can build some boring buildings but speaking from experience they build quality buildings that no other Toronto developers build. Lately they have been building some architectural marvels to go along with their quality builds.

Well, I don't think anyone needs to hate on them for this; what arguably may be their best effort to date. Credit where due.

But......in fairness, I walk by this Tridel offering all too often and it can't be reclad soon enough!

Why can’t we copy Chicago?! Their waterfront is amazing! Lol 🤪

Excellent video! This should shut-up the Chicagophiles but probably won’t. Lol

More…like what happened to Tridel. Looks like they grew a spine.

Aqualuna is indeed a stunner and the boardwalk is great too but that in no way makes up for all the other trash along our central waterfront.

Fortunately we have Villiers Island which is shaping up to be a spectacular addition and something Chicago would be proud to have.

Chicago's not some paragon of urbanity, even around Millennium Park. Take a look at Google Streetview: plenty of high speed 6-lane roads and massive intersections. Route 41 is 9 lanes in some areas! Lakeshore Blvd on steroids.

1711769241028.png

Just wanted to clarify that I was being sarcastic and don't think Chicago's waterfront is one that should be followed here. I much prefer the neighbourhood feeling that is developing versus grand yet often empty spaces.

Back