Toronto Aga Khan Museum + Ismaili Centre | ?m | ?s | Aga Khan Dev. | Maki and Associates

This event on July 15, jointly presented by the Royal Ontario Museum and the Aga Khan Council, might be of interest to fans of the Aga Khan Museum. The presenter, Nasser Rabbat, is Aga Khan Professor and the Director of the Aga Khan Program for Islamic Architecture at MIT, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Details from ROM's web-site:
http://www.rom.on.ca/en/activities-...airo-a-brief-history-of-an-islamic-metropolis

About the presenter from MIT's web-site:
http://architecture.mit.edu/faculty/nasser-rabbat

The opening ceremony has been set for Friday, September 12th. Looking forward to the opening :)

I would encourage waiting for the official announcement. You'll recall that you had information the Aga Khan was visiting in May of 2008 from a "reliable source" and then it didn't happen. Clearly, if things have not been announced, it implies that there are variables yet to consider.

Waiting for the "official" announcement will come two or three weeks before the opening ceremony date which I already gave and is the correct date at September 12th. This date was "announced" on a conference call and I can't share any more details then that.

You will recall that during the Foundation Ceremony - His Highness had to send a message to his community informing them of plans for the Foundation Ceremony - for one simple reason because his "official" leaders did not inform the Ismaili community by way of an "official announcement" as you put it.

Waiting for the "official" announcement will come two or three weeks before the opening ceremony date which I already gave and is the correct date at September 12th. This date was "announced" on a conference call and I can't share any more details then that.

You will recall that during the Foundation Ceremony - His Highness had to send a message to his community informing them of plans for the Foundation Ceremony - for one simple reason because his "official" leaders did not inform the Ismaili community by way of an "official announcement" as you put it.

It is irrespective. You stated the same in May 2008 (you mentioned in a private note at the time that you were former President's nephew or something) but it still ended up changing. While I agree it may end up being September 12th, there is good reason not to perpetuate something not announced.

Walli,

It is totally respective. I do not need to add anything further but to confirm that the opening ceremony will take place on September 12th. This is a well known fact among all institutional leaders. I guess we will wait to see if I am right this time. There will be good reason then to perpetuate this!

Back