Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

a few more
20110414a004.jpg

20110414a008.jpg

20110414a033.jpg

20110414a023.jpg

20110414a012.jpg

gotta say this again ... hate those "bottle caps" at the top of Absolute World ~

this thing would have looked a whole lot better had they only used a darker coloured spandrel around the rooftop mechancial

thanks for the updates Jasonzed

I respectfully disagree Redroom........ in my opinion, the silver-ish mechanical 'cap' at Solaris is a different treatment than Absolute World, it plays off the geometry and ties in the colours with the generally grey spandrels and the silver accents (podium columns & tower banding), whereas Absolute World throws in a powder green (?) cap on a generally greyish tower and there was no attempt to tie the top into the rest of the tower (shaft)

IMG_5210.jpg

For the record, while I do like Solaris' exterior, I have my quibbles about the interior finishing itself, that's another rant I having with Tridel as we speak

Point beautifully made Solaris. As for you Redroom, a tip of my "Hat" to you for your many valuable contributions to the various threads in the forum. Thanks to you both. You enhance this entire website!

Hey everyone!!
I just started on urban toronto. I've actually checked out this site for the longest time (2 years approximately) and just now made an account. LOL :p
If I make a blunt or incorrect remark please forgive me. hahah But in reference to the "bottle caps" of the towers, are you sure that they are actually white and not the blue tinted windows with sheet protectors from behind that would be removed?!?!
If you look at the last picture on post #2132, there are 2 condos that have the same "sheet" (if you will) that the bottle caps have. I think I can safely assume that they'll be removed as well. In addition, if you look at the renderings of the project, the windows at the top are the same as the rest of building. :p

I could be wrong but I think the "bottle cap" idea is just temporary.

Hey everyone!!
I just started on urban toronto. I've actually checked out this site for the longest time (2 years approximately) and just now made an account. LOL :p
If I make a blunt or incorrect remark please forgive me. hahah But in reference to the "bottle caps" of the towers, are you sure that they are actually white and not the blue tinted windows with sheet protectors from behind that would be removed?!?!
If you look at the last picture on post #2132, there are 2 condos that have the same "sheet" (if you will) that the bottle caps have. I think I can safely assume that they'll be removed as well. In addition, if you look at the renderings of the project, the windows at the top are the same as the rest of building. :p

I never even considered that idea! I really hope that you're right!

Hey everyone!!

YOU'RE SO, SO SMARTTT!!!!

When they were doing the glass panels in the lower floors for both towers, we couldn't see these "white" panels being applied to them because they were covered with those red thingies. Now that those are gone, we have just seen these for the first time. So, we have concluded right away that these will be permanent and will ruin the building forever.

But as you said, there are also "white" panels installed in some of the glasses on the uppermost residential floors of the buildings (see Jason's http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii108/jasonzedd/Mississauga4/20110414a012.jpg). Which means that they must be temporary.

I also recalled one time that there were also white panels on the first floor of the south building, but they disappeared and were replaced by blue/grey glasses. (see Jason's photo below)
I hope you're right. I'm crossing my fingers.

Last edited:

Back