Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

I am just here to say I hope they don't remove those "CONCERT" labels/banners(or whatever they are) from the glass and other parts of the building once its complete. those things make it very interesting. u guys can go back to argument. :)

I am sure you must feel quite free up there, so I can understand the attraction and thrill.. At the same time, would you still say it is worth it if you fall off the building or the crane? What if you land on someone who is innocent to your "learning adventures"? I mean you would be dead, but if you lived and they didn't?

Also there is a potential to be hit criminally in this as well as simply the civil side that you mentioned depending on what you do while in the building. Who knows what some property owner might try to charge you with. Overall it just seems to be not worth the risks, but then I have never (and wouldn't) do this.

With all due respect, not all laws are created equal. Your example does not take into consideration the very real differences between a criminal conviction and a summary conviction. Nor are you considering how these different categories of crime will impact the victim

Ahh, some people are too squeaky clean, "a crime is a crime" no matter what you do.....oh well, different strokes for different folks

I'm frankly not the least interested in this fools childish opinions and BS justifications for B&E. I'd bet a vente latte he'd feel the same finding someone wandering around his mommy's back yard in the middle of the night, camera in hand.

I am interested, however, in when Concert will finally finish topping off 88 Scott, and to learn of their next steps.

I am interested, however, in when Concert will finally finish topping off 88 Scott, and to learn of their next steps.

They're presently forming level 60, the middle floor of the three-storey mechanical penthouse. Topping off is perhaps two or three weeks at the most? These photos were taken January 30, 2017.

They're presently forming level 60, the middle floor of the three-storey mechanical penthouse. Topping off is perhaps two or three weeks at the most? These photos were taken January 30, 2017.

We can always count on you for the most spectacular photos of the tower. Thanks so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Urban-Affair This is a valid point in regard to falling on somebody. Hell even dropping a camera from height could have fatal consequences. I am not able to speak for other urban explorers or rooftoppers at large on this count but I can say this this: personally the edge scares the shit out of me. I just feel way too exposed. I don't ever hang off cranes, catwalks, or rooftops. I've never climbed a crane outside of the ladders and other areas meant for walking. I don't take unnecessary risks in this regard.

The picture of the individual on the Harbour Plaza crane a few posts back is not me, nor was it taken by me. Personally I don't enjoy these stunts... perhaps this is simply because I heard way too many stories about failed lanyards, near fatal "bumps", and broken cables in school. Remember I do wear CSA boots and a hard hat on site and also hold valid working at heights, confined spaces, WHMIS, supervision, etc.... I even have a traffic management cert in there somewhere.

Again not trying to justify my actions. I can't tell you what to think. I am fully aware I am not authorized and could face legal consequences. I just want to shed light on this subject from the "other side".

This highlights that you do understand what you are doing and understand the repercussion of being caught but, fail to see the consequences of your actions on others by doing this illegally.

This applies to the forumers that repost images of these activities to these sites too.

Haha. I am far from squeaky clean my friend - I guess you could say I've done a risk analysis on this one.

Power to you my friend, and don't listen to the simplistic sheep in this thread - you're doing something good! And anyone whose argument concludes with "you're breaking the law" needs a bit of anarchy in their life.

I agree. Berczy was done very well and the prices have soared. I think whoever bought here early will do very, very well. Great location, very good builder that takes pride in their work and good sized units.

Concert posted on Facebook that 88 Scott has officially topped off!

Blurry but cool shot from the 88 Scott construction cam today:

IMG_3135.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3135.jpg
    IMG_3135.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

Back