Toronto 700 Bay Street | 94.79m | 32s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

Looking towards where the tower will be from north of the site on Elizabeth:

DSC09006.jpg

Attachments

• DSC09006.jpg
    DSC09006.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 2,133
In a September 4 decision, OMB Vice-cChair Jan de Pencier Seaborn approved a settlement between KS 700 Bay Street and the City of Toronto regarding two site-specific zoning by-law amendments for the property at 700 Bay Street and 77 Gerrard Street West. KS 700 Bay originally proposed a 45-storey residential tower addition which would blend into the existing 24-storey, mixed-use building on the site. Following discussions with the city the proposal was significantly amended to reduce the maximum height of the addition to 31 storeys, add an eight-storey office on the east side and include a four-storey multi-residential dwelling in the mid portion of the existing building. (See OMB Case No. PL150428.)
This "new" design plan will have much more impact in the building. This design will remove the roof top pool and patio that currently exists. This extensive constructive will disturb the current and present asbestos located all over the building as it has already had several reports of found asbestos. This new design will also block even more the view for drivers turning from Elizabeth street to Gerrard if you look in the past 10 years how many people are already hit by vehicles.
This was mentioned to city counsel members and I kid you not they chuckled as the corner I am referring to is home to 2 major hospitals so those people who are struck usually survive. Once a women and her child in the stroller were hit and they took the child to sick kids and the mother to general little odd to separate them but at least they both survived.

Luclifff has purposely tried in so many ways to vacate the building so they can conduct this construction and get rid of the elderly tenants who have rent control. Money is great and I have a business degree but this is just disgusting. I will not be voting for wongtam again not even the NDP counsel tried to help.

Last edited:
This "new" design plan will have much more impact in the building. This design will remove the roof top pool and patio that currently exists. This extensive constructive will disturb the current and present asbestos located all over the building as it has already had several reports of found asbestos. This new design will also block even more the view for drivers turning from Elizabeth street to Gerrard if you look in the past 10 years how many people are already hit by vehicles.
This was mentioned to city counsel members and I kid you not they chuckled as the corner I am referring to is home to 2 major hospitals so those people who are struck usually survive. Once a women and her child in the stroller were hit and they took the child to sick kids and the mother to general little odd to separate them but at least they both survived.

Luclifff has purposely tried in so many ways to vacate the building so they can conduct this construction and get rid of the elderly tenants who have rent control. Money is great and I have a business degree but this is just disgusting. I will not be voting for wongtam again not even the NDP counsel tried to help.

It's apparent you have a personal involvement here, and I'm sympathetic. But the city is growing, many including myself have been inconvenienced. But when you start dragging in the possibility of pedestrians being run down its throwing the kitchen sink.

Are they going to renovate the facade of the building connected to the side of this development later on ?

It's apparent you have a personal involvement here, and I'm sympathetic. But the city is growing, many including myself have been inconvenienced. But when you start dragging in the possibility of pedestrians being run down its throwing the kitchen sink.
I'm all for growth but in this case it's dangerous those pillars will make that intersection less visible. And if the city did the proper research they would see how many people currently get hit walking across that intersection. There for giant pillars will make that intersection even more dangerous. And to think the driver will be at fault not the builders or the city.

Are they going to renovate the facade of the building connected to the side of this development later on ?
They have not posted the actual approved design probably because the public would know how invasive it actually is. So the design u see is the design that was not approved and that doesn't block the sidewalk and intersection.

It's not apparent to me how this, or some updated version of this…

02TowerRetailBase1280.jpg

could create a more harmful condition for pedestrians than what exists now:

700BayGoogStVSE.jpg

In fact, it appears that the tower is to be set back a couple of feet, if not a full metre, from where the current podium exists, and not only that, but the planter with the Shoppers Drug Mart sign that would block some views also seems to be gone.

What do you know @Concerned citizen, about the approved design that we don't, that might back up your claim?

Furthermore, what role has Kristyn Wong-Tam played that has upset you? The OMB is the body which has approved this development, so I'm not sure what you are accusing her of.

Finally, in regards to your comments about asbestos, if any work takes place that will disturb what might be there, then the laws are clear that it has to be removed, and that it has to be done in a safe matter. It's essentially a matter of sealing off the area and sending in guys in hazmat suits.

Attachments

• 02TowerRetailBase1280.jpg
    02TowerRetailBase1280.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 1,351
  • 700BayGoogStVSE.jpg
    700BayGoogStVSE.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 1,398

View attachment 66980

View attachment 66984

In fact, it appears that the tower is to be set back a couple of feet, if not a full metre, from where the current podium exists, and not only that, but the planter with the Shoppers Drug Mart sign that would block some views also seems to be gone.

What do you know @Concerned citizen, about the approved design that we don't, that might back up your claim?

Furthermore, what role has Kristyn Wong-Tam played that has upset you? The OMB is the body which has approved this development, so I'm not sure what you are accusing her of.

Finally, in regards to your comments about asbestos, if any work takes place that will disturb what might be there, then the laws are clear that it has to be removed, and that it has to be done in a safe matter. It's essentially a matter of sealing off the area and sending in guys in hazmat suits.

Omb. Case # PL150428. It was not easy to find the approved plan but here is a rough sketch
It's not allowing me to paste it or upload or anything sorry iPads suck. But please google that case number it's a page 24 document and 22 is map 1 current outline map 2 is proposed and there it shows how the new building goes all the way to the traffic lights so 10 x worse visibility then right now as a giant glass building is covering entire view of pedestrian side walks.

View attachment 66980

View attachment 66984

Yes and there are a number of reported asbestos reports found in this building. The counsellor showed up at the last minute and only addressed one concern of ours. We asked that they go back to the 45 storey plan as it had less impact on the building and it didn't extend onto the side walk.

Back