Toronto 7 St Thomas | 38.71m | 9s | St. Thomas | Hariri Pontarini

The eastern edge of this development will be to the left of the group of pine trees (which will still get some sun, although U Condos may do more to block sun there than this proposal will).

5551658694_94126ab121_b.jpg

The article said this building will contain residential? Whaaa?

Aren't office condos simply office space that is bought, not leased?

right, an office condo is simply office space bought outright like a residential condo.

and I too am a bit confused about there being residential in this building...might that be a mistake on Hume's part? I didn't see any residential in the plans

From the original post in this thread

1 SULTAN ST

OPA / Rezoning 10 313261 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Dec 13, 2010 Application Submitted Dec 13, 2010 Commercial 7,728 0 7,728 0 1,688 --- --- Hynes, Michael
416-397-1761

Rezoning application to construct new 9 storey office building - 3 levels below grade parking - 70 parking space - Non residential building. Please note application is for 1,3,5,7,9 Sultan and 11 St Thomas St.

Sultan & St.Thomas for me always had a bit of an 'oasis' feel to it. A little bit of tranquility far removed from the hustle and bustle of Bay/Bloor but only a block away. I don't think this project threatens that and it'll be nice to see those Victorians get a little TLC since they're looking a bit negelected.

Looks like this one finally got approval and is moving foward..

1 SULTAN ST
Site Plan Approval 12 123068 STE 27 SA Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Feb 15, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application to construct new 9 storey office building - 3 levels below grade parking - 70 parking space - Non residential building. Please note application is for 1,3,5,7,9 Sultan and 11 St Thomas St. Revised Submission June 21 2011 - parking spaces reduced from 70 to 69 - Gross floor area reduced from 9430 sqm to 8942 sqm with retail reduced from 1104 sqm to 84 sqm.

A boutique office project :)

I'm really excited for this one. Sets a great precedent for development that is sensitive to heritage buildings, and I really look forward to seeing how it turns out. Hopefully the glass will be milky/frosted looking... I think that would look awesome. A milky-looking frit to cover the floorplates that fades to transparent glass for each floor would look awesome here.

The neighbourhood loses the boutique office space at 94 Cumberland, but gets this. At least the architecture is better.

Did they get a tenant, or for these sort of things you don't really need to ?

So there's almost no retail anymore, only about 900sq ft down from the originally planned 12000 sq ft. Why the significant reduction!?

I attended one the first community consultation. People living in the hood, save for a couple like myself, were vehemently opposed to adding retail to the street. I believe they wanted to maintain the quietness of the street (it's 100 ft from Bloor!?).

Back