Niagara Falls 6609 Stanley Avenue | 254m | 72s | Hariri Pontarini

FABB2544-CC94-4C5B-AE19-7E7F26DA44F4.jpeg
some work going on the backside of the building

I find it sad that this building probably will never see the light of day as it is actually a very aesthetically pleasing building a lot of glass, and eligantly clean curves and that is just something you don't see often in Canada. Too bad that people are too close-minded to let a little bit of European architecture filter over. Everything has to be boxy like 1980s office buildings

Last edited:
I find it sad that this building probably will never see the light of day as it is actually a very aesthetically pleasing building a lot of glass, but the curves and that is just something you don't see often in Canada. Too bad that people are too close-minded to let a little bit of European architecture filter over. Everything has to be boxy like 1980s office buildings
You think the problem with this project is it has too many 'curves'?

Before the approval of 6609 Stanley Avenue in 2019, there's a video that contains the original construction site of a 30 story hotel, but later on was cancelled and left abandoned.
1000020226.jpg

Niagara Falls is one of those places that gives me the following reaction: View attachment 547511
Why? Niagara Falls has a very specific Official Plan policy which they enforce zealously. And this is in a town with very few rules that they enforce.

niagara policy.png

City Staff will reject your building unless you include a "distinctive roof feature" - so you get ridiculous designs like the Hilton:

1710253213023.png

... or whatever the hell this monstrosity is:

1000020228-jpg.546461

Back