Hamilton 64 Main Street East | ?m | 18s | Core Development | Studio JCI

Nice architecture, but the City should be allowing double the height at that location. Sad to see such little housing here.

I think the City is concerned with shadows over Prince’s Square in front of the Court House.

Which is odd as it’s not a ‘hang out’ park at all.

They could solve that with clever architecture though.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

source

I think the City is concerned with shadows over Prince’s Square in front of the Court House.

Which is odd as it’s not a ‘hang out’ park at all.

They could solve that with clever architecture though.
It also has many mature shade trees. The bus stop there is fairly popular but the square itself never seems that bustling

Anyway I would love to see more height here.

Is there a digital rendering anywhere of what the Hamilton skyline is set to look like in the coming years?
@ericmacm did some back in 2021 here:

but they haven't been updated since, I don't think. Still gives you a decent idea.

Last edited:
Geotechnical drilling rig. This is for soil sampling to understand its mechanical properties. Tells me the foundation is probably currently in design.

thinking about this - they may not even need site plan approval here if they can amend the site plan agreement which was approved for the previous scheme. We may just end up seeing permits here fairly quickly - we'll have to see.

I am not familiar with Hamilton planning at all, does this mean they want to preserve views of the lake/city from the mountain?
No one is completely sure the logic behind it. I believe they've said it is to preserve views of the escarpment, which doesn't really make sense because a building that is as tall as the escarpment would block the view anyway. And they would equally block the view of the lake too. It's some sort of legacy rule that is holding our city back by making it a less attractive city for developers.

Back