Toronto 50 at Wellesley Station | 114.9m | 37s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

Partial shoring permit already? Wow, that's fast… unless, of course they're just collecting permits to have at the ready.

Marketing for this building is getting going soon, but unless Plaza is going to do the Daniels thing and start digging before they've even sold a unit, then I'd be very surprised to see construction equipment onsite soon.

What Plaza does not need for this site is a zoning amendment, if anyone's wondering what's up with the lack of an application. There's already approval for as many as 28 storeys and 227 units on this site, so going with 27 storeys and 223 units means they can plough ahead. I assume a site plan approval will still be required however. I wonder who the architect is this time… will it still be Quadrangle?

to be revealed soon!

It's taken nearly a decade for much to happen here, today there was heavy machinery on site moving soil around. It looks to me like they are creating a space for a sales office. So, it is progress!

Sales office buildings have been plopped down. They need some cladding so they don't look like a wasteland.

It's the typical 3 or 4 trailers that are joined together to make a sales office, then taken apart and moved to a new site when sales are complete.

Hideous

37 floors does seem more appropriate than the prior 28 because of the location of this building near other tall towers and the yonge subway.

I like the entrance, but that's about it.

urbantoronto-9993-35471.jpg

The balcony glass with fritting to make it look like big trees on the side of the building is interesting, but the design of this building is so plain and boring.

agreed. The entrace is the statement of the entire building. When you look closely at the renderings, does the white overlay on the balconies on the east side not remind anyone of what is trying to be done with Yonge and Rich from Great Gulf? Perhaps continuing the tree motif would make it far more interesting.

Back