Brampton 45 Railroad | ?m | 25s | Boardwalk REIT | Graziani + Corazza

thanks Alex ... ooo now I get it !! Blade condos stems from that mini-rollerblading track on site ~

thanks Alex ... ooo now I get it !! Blade condos stems from that mini-rollerblading track on site ~

I took it that it was blade condos because it is a former skate manufacturing plant.....the rink is, I think, just an attempt to keep it on theme.

Anyone know if this project has been shelved?

I saw an ad/story in the paper today for a new condo project by Preston (also in Brampton but near Norton Park).....went to Preston's web page (www.prestongroup.ca) and when you click on the condominium projects button it takes you directly to the new project (indigo) and there is no mention of Blade Condos at all.

The project is being redesigned and will be sold out of the same sales office as Indigo Bay Condos by Preston Group in the Bramalea City Centre.

Thanks BM.......Blade is a terrific location (IMO)....any slowness in sales that may have occurred are likely a result of two factors combining:

1. relative immaturity of the Brampton condo market....for a variety of reasons we are probably a couple of cycles behind the rest of the GTA in condo "acceptance"
2. being launched just as the recession hit didn't help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod's, put dead in the title name, as both websites don't exist nor the sales office.

Was by the site and there is nothing there saying a condo is plan for this area. Did some checking around and nothing can be found for a condo going up on this site.

Since Renaissance Condos is completed and stills has a number of units still for sale, going to be hard to get another one in the city downtown started at this time. http://www.lovelivingdowntownbrampton.com/

45 Railroad Street (Brampton, Preston Group, 25s + 19s, Graziani+Corazza)

I haven't seen a thread for this one. This seems to be the site of Preston Group's failed "BLADE" development.

03_45RailroadStreet.jpg

02_45RailroadStreet.jpg

04_45RailroadStreet.jpg

01_45RailroadStreet.jpg

05_45RailroadStreet.jpg

Keeping the old Dominion Skate building...How about that

Demolition of the factory - with the exception of the Mill Street wall - was already completed. (The office section facing Railroad/Mill remains intact.) The zoning has been approved, though a figure it will need some new approvals. I am glad to see a developer give this site/heritage property another try.

Hello folks!

New user to the forum here

We are newlyweds and looking to become first time home buyers (max budget 350k) - is there a place I can get more information or opinions on current or upcoming Brampton developments?

Or a place I can ask, simply for opinions on existing buildings? I'm not sure where the right place to do this is

Thanks again for your time!! Hoping to get more information on this location in the thread as well

Cheers!!

Our only advice is to buy freehold! Condos come with too many rules and regulations and can be tough to sell when you need to upsize or downsize.

Mattamy Homes caters to first-time buyers with their great "Village Homes" and "Rear-Lane Townhomes". They are freehold so no condo fees and they are really easy to sell. If you were planning on buying a condo, you must take into account the monthly condo fees. You may be able to afford more if you bought freehold and don't have these fees, is what we are saying.

Check out some new home builders. We love Mattamy because they are awesome at customer service. They require reasonable $20,000 deposit and they actually build you a home within the year. A new condo could take years and years to build and they require substantial deposits that they tie up for years.

Mattamy's Mount Pleasant development in northwest Brampton will have several homes in your price range. This is a very smart move. Even if you don't love your place, it will help you to build equity and it will be relatively easy to sell. You will NOT have the same luck with a condo.

Go check them out and try and avoid condos. You will thank us later.

Hey mate thanks a lot for the reply -

I really appreciate that advice and it's definitely something I'd happily pursue! I have the 350 ready to go any time, I just am looking for a wise place to spend it. If you think of any other great locations or have any ideas or suggestions please do let me know

Also, where is the best place on this forum to pose future questions about potential choices in Brampton?

Cheers!

Back