Toronto 421 Roncesvalles Avenue | 25.55m | 5s | Propeller | superkül

Ah the classic bait and switch.

You sound pretty silly saying that if you can't back it up with proof.

In reality, it's just this:

C0AsJOLVEAES8Fx.jpg

I'm willing to wait for further evidence but this isn't an encouraging direction. SHoP's Porter House project could be a good precedent (one hopes):

46f76c6c2fa936bd8791de8203bbf3f7.jpg

Propeller Developments

LOL at calling this a bait and switch. There was no bait, just some pie in the sky early-stage renders that apparently got taken as a realistic proposal. (Did anyone seriously think the economics would work in this location with the original design, though? Really?)

Sure, it's a step down from the last design, but it's still a very nice little piece of urban infill. According to the development application, the cladding panels will be zinc and the glazing above the bank building will be curtain wall. Just wait for the marketing renders -- of course the rough SketchUp diagrams are going to look like crap next to the polished graphics we saw before.

^agreed.. it wasn't even bait in the first place, just a preliminary render before any formal application to the city that got leaked.. The first version of this building that the developer has said "I will build this" is what they submitted to the city..

An OMB prehearing is scheduled for March 14, 2018.
Gee, between the lack of a decision, and sending staff to oppose it, i cant believe how many of these new developments end up @ the OMB, something is really weird down at City Hall when one out of every two end up in that direction
Thanks PMT for posting (44 projects) this information

Last edited:
Reactions: PMT

Back