1654587160506.png

1654587217444.png

1654587277708.png

1654587310056.png

1654587361570.png

1654587388893.png

Only name on the drawings is Dunpar

Oddest Quirk: Includes an EMS station.

New renderings are updated in the database! Also, some information is updated in the database. Total building heights changed from 32.61m to 61.40m, 61.40m, 61.40m, 12.80m, 12.80m, 12.80m & 41.15m. The total building storey count changed from 8 storeys to 18, 18, 18, 10, 4, 3 & 3 storeys. Finally, the total unit count increased from 166 units to 501, 184, 5, 5 & 4 units.

Renderings are taken from the architectural plan via rezoning application:

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 19  2022-14.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - MAY 19  2022-14a.jpg

This area is in need of new retail, so that is good news. The 40 bus frequency needs to be improved, this is a far walk (10-15 mins?) to Royal York street to take the bus to then get to the subway, and there's no TTC on Prince Edward. If this kind of intensification continues in this area, a SmartTrack/Metrolinx stop should be considered since the tracks are right behind here.

This area is in need of new retail, so that is good news. The 40 bus frequency needs to be improved, this is a far walk (10-15 mins?) to Royal York street to take the bus to then get to the subway, and there's no TTC on Prince Edward. If this kind of intensification continues in this area, a SmartTrack/Metrolinx stop should be considered since the tracks are right behind here.
Absolutely. A station behind the plaza on the north side would be obvious...but in classic Toronto fashion we'll do nothing until everything is built out and abandon the transit needs of the locals for a generation.

Last edited:
Seeing as this rail corridor is owned by CP, and it's right next to the Lambton Yard it's safe to say nothing will ever be built here.

I know the reality is probably slim, but I'd love to see a Milton Line station somewhere between Royal York and Runnymede here. Also, I agree that the 40 bus is pretty atrocious here for a major Toronto street that is densifying quickly.

Does anyone know when construction is going to start on this development? I'm from the area and curious to see how it will affect traffic and the homes/school surrounding the building

Does anyone know when construction is going to start on this development? I'm from the area and curious to see how it will affect traffic and the homes/school surrounding the building
It likely wouldn't be for a few years. Of course it will make things busier for the neighbourhood eventually, but why shouldn't the neighbourhood be able to handle more people? Areas of single family homes in Toronto are losing population, and we badly need reinvestment and new homes to keep the density up. (Density equals far more efficient use of City services, and that keeps taxes lower than they would be otherwise, and takes pressure off of farmland falling to development.)

It likely wouldn't be for a few years. Of course it will make things busier for the neighbourhood eventually, but why shouldn't the neighbourhood be able to handle more people? Areas of single family homes in Toronto are losing population, and we badly need reinvestment and new homes to keep the density up. (Density equals far more efficient use of City services, and that keeps taxes lower than they would be otherwise, and takes pressure off of farmland falling to development.)

I agree - I think this neighbourhood has been primed for these types of condos or homes and I've seen a few plans to build on this strip of Dundas and Prince Edward and Bloor. I was curious for this one in particular because I know Dunpar owns about 3-4 homes beside the current building that will also be torn down for this development and its about 5 houses down from the school - more curious than concern

I know the reality is probably slim, but I'd love to see a Milton Line station somewhere between Royal York and Runnymede here. Also, I agree that the 40 bus is pretty atrocious here for a major Toronto street that is densifying quickly.

The gap between Bloor and Kipling stations is 9km, that's quite substantial, even for GO, 1 infill station should be a given, 2 might be a bit much, but properly spaced, could probably be justified.

If the province and the feds to agree on a package to upgrade the line to 2way-allday, 30M or better service, an infill station here should be in the package.

No. It was appealed to the OLT last year. A first case management conference took place in October, with the next one set for February 21. Link here!

The Appeals Report for this is making its way to the next meeting of EYCC:

It's safe to say City Staff and not just Planning really, really don't like this one.

They probably should have got out in front of the Appeal with a Refusal Report given their objections.

The Planning-based objections are of the typical variety, too tall, wrong form (site designated mis-rise), inadequate transition to 'neighbourhoods' and such; also, the memo on the 'Angular Plane' being dead apparently
hasn't reached this corner of West District yet.

Beyond that, however, there a host of questions/concerns from Transportation and others; questions over loading spaces, site access, the traffic study and a good deal more.

However this objection has to be my favourite!

1676386459338.png

Dunpar has pulled a few stunts over the years, but have they ever tried to donate the City's land to the City before?

LOL

Back