Toronto 383 Sorauren Avenue | 33.83m | 10s | Gairloch | a—A

Their website doesn't even work. How badly do they want to sell these units?

Their website is working fine.

http://www.383sorauren.com/

photo01.png

Website worked fine for me. New rendering looks great. Nice to see a new perspective. Architecturally
the building still looks great. I'm sure glad the City didn't have their way and get the developer to remove/lower the architectural masonry frame. Great looking mid-rise project.

Last edited:
We've got a front page story up on this now, telling a little bit more about what happened to this project along the way to getting approved.

Very cool writeup, Craig.

It really puts the process of planning in focus, and explains why developers basically stick to what is easy: building highrises in areas where previous developers already "fought the good fight" of changing local zoning by-laws and the official plan. That is, high rises in the downtown core.

We need more buildings like 383 Sorauren in places like 383 Sorauren.

Last edited:
Thanks.

You know, I usually find myself on Gord Perks side when he's speaking at Council, but I don't think he's always on the side of good planning when it comes to development in his own ward. I think he wasted a lot of people's time on this case, and lost the neighbourhood a couple hundred thousand in Section 37 benefits—what the City agreed to in the settlement was much less than Gairloch originally proposed in early negotiations. In the end the neighbourhood gets about half the community benefits they would have, appropriate intensification which will add to street life, property values, and city coffers, and quite a nice new building.

Demo Image.jpg

Looks like Demo of the rear warehouse has begun.

Attachments

• Demo Image.jpg
    Demo Image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,156
Gairloch confirms that construction will start this summer. The back warehouse above is coming down for final soil/ground testing. Really glad to see this one moving forward - it promises to be a real beauty!

Really glad to see this one moving forward - it promises to be a real beauty!

For sure. But it will be interesting to see how many units in 363 Sorauren with norther exposure now go up for sale or see their property value fall, as a wide open view now will be completly blocked by a building not 30 feet away.

Presentation centre to close on July 27th and reopen August 9th, at 309 Roncesvalles Ave.
Construction to start in August.

Lovely room, that presentation centre. I'll be sorry to see it go, but really happy to see this little beauty go up.

Bill Gairdner
‏@gairdnerbill
Machines are on site and we're ready to go.
Exciting times @383Sorauren
@Urban_Toronto

Bu2jxHTCUAA_L62.jpg

Attachments

• Bu2jxHTCUAA_L62.jpg
    Bu2jxHTCUAA_L62.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 826
It begins. I can see the windows of my old loft. Glad I sold when I did (2009) would have had my view ruined forever. Wonder if people will try and sell on the north side or if it will hurt the property values.

Back