Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Green and magenta...

Yikes, call me old fashioned but I prefer clean simple colours.

Green and Magenta buildings would look very tacky - especially after a few years with a bit of wear and tear.

from today's Daily Commercial News.......the completion date can't be right....and only 2 below-grade floors?

MIXED USE BUILDING Proj: 9092318-5

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/WORKING DRAWINGS

300 Front St, John St, M5V 3B5

$160,000,000

Start: March, 2010 Complete: September, 2011

Note: Working drawings are nearing completion. Sales and marketing are ongoing. Owner is finalizing City Council approvals for site plan and rezoning. Schedules for Invited sub trade tender and construction are expected early Spring, 2010 based on occupancy. Further update March, 2010.

Project: concrete foundation, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a mixed use building. The project will include a 49 storey condominium building, above a 16-storey mixed use building with residential and commercial space. In the residential building the second to fourteenth floors will house residential units, with an amenity floor on the fifteenth floor. A pool and green space will be built on the roof. There will be 676 units total.
Scope: 700,000 square feet; 49 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 676 units; parking for 791 cars
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Recreational bldgs

I'm 100% sure it's not 2 floors below ground with 791 parking spaces. So I'd take the stats and description with a grain of salt. Looks like they got the co-op student to write this one up.

hey Tridelwebmaster....don't know if you can comment, but it would be great to get clarification on the Daily Commercial News info....for example, there are a lot of people here who would really be interested to know if 300 Front will indeed be structural steel frame....

understand if you are not able to comment now...

300 Front Street West- Won't be a structural steel building

I confirmed with the construction project manager that 300 Front is definitely not a steel frame structure past the foundation. It will be reinforced concrete like our other buildings.

Cool. That's kind of nice to see a question get answered that quickly. Usually an off-handed reference to a structural steel frame could lead to 20 pages of bickering. Too bad we don't have more developers with a presence here

Back