Toronto 225 Queen East | 121.4m | 37s | Dash Developments | Arcadis

I'm not sure what's upstairs now, but keep in mind that pre-Coffee Time (and I don't know whether directly or once or more removed), it was a purpose-built bank branch...

Before the Coffee Time it was a TD Bank branch. Left sometime in the 90's. And upstairs was a pool hall. It was too seedy so I never had the guts to venture up there.

Well, obviously nothing's changed. But, I saw nothing "scary" at this intersection today; looks downright "normal" compared to Hastings and Main.

And, it's only a one minute walk from yuppie central! (Where I took this photo from.)

The only place in toronto that can compare to hastings and main is george st. north of dundas.

I hear that the sales office has closed. Does anyone know if this place is dead? Or are we looking at construction underway any day now?

George street one way south from Gerrard has to be the worst street in the city...how does the city let it get so bad??

From what I understand the sales office has been closed for a while (from speaking with Vu and Modern sales staff). That does not necessarily mean the project is cancelled. It seems a pretty common occurrence for Brad J. Lamb sites to get to 50 to 60% sold and close the sales office.

50 or 60% seems a tad low to shut down a sales office to appointment only. That's still around 50 suites. The City's website isn't showing any permits in process either.

I have this eeery feeling that majority of the projects associated with BJL may see the kiss of death with the economic downturn.

Many of the projects that he's brokered lately are with relatively small or unknown/unestablished developers, including his own; and I don't think many have surpassed the 50% sales target.

Last edited:

Back