News   May 22, 2024
 687     1 
News   May 22, 2024
 531     0 
News   May 22, 2024
 419     0 

Toronto 2020 Olympic Bid

How about you read everything I wrote. I know it's not your strong suit but give it a shot.

And if you don't know how the IOC works now post-Salt Lake City scandal after all the discussions you've been involved with on this website regarding the olympics then I can't really help you.

I think Chicago really deserves to win the games. Perhaps I'm still caught up with the romantic image of Chicago since my recent trip there, but it has really put a great effort into cleaning up the Loop and the waterfront. This is the right message to send to visitors that the city is capable of hosting the games.

Huh:confused: We are in Toronto, but anyways i think Chicago would be a great city to host the 2020 Olympics... but unfortunately i dont even think they are considering.

2020 Summer Olympic Games Bid Process Starts
Monday, May 23, 2011

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) began its bidding process Monday for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games. The winning city will be announced in 2013.

Rome, Italy is the only candidate so far, but bids are still possible from South Africa, Japan and the Middle East.

The National Olympic Committees must submit applications from their cities by September 1, and the IOC is to announce a shortlist in May 2012.

The winning bid will be elected during the IOC session in Buenos Aires, Argentina on September 7, 2013.

Theres precedent (I believe listed in the thread) that pretty much shows it can go both ways...(short intervals or longer periods)

I'm not embarrassed, but I'm starting to get the feeling that the TPS is becoming more powerful than what I'm comfortable with in a democratic city. The suspension of civil liberties during the G20, that cult-like police funeral that shut down the city, an 11% pay raise and now some sort of Olympian games for cops to throw javelins and discuses...frankly, it all seems kind of fascist.

Back