Toronto 2 St Thomas | 80.46m | 26s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

What is room being made for in the pictures above?

.. it's the subject of this thread (website link is shown on the first page). I think you might be confusing this project with "1 St Thomas" across the street.

A few additional photos from a while back ...

Sorry, and thanks for understanding. I indeed was thinking I was in the thread for 1 St. Thomas.

Now I understand, and I also now recognize exactly where this project is going to be located. ;)

2 July 2008 not much to report

DSC07783.jpg

Charles St East and West is going to be quite an awesome strip when all is said and done... And there are no tears here for those old Victorians... this city has got plenty of them.

yeah, as can be seen by comparing the june 12 and july 2 photos, there's been ZERO progress. Though at 8 st thomas, the building they're keeping, they've laid down some sod.

^ imo those opinions were definitely worth saving. saying "the city has got plenty of them" doesn't really hold up because toronto's a big place, and they were practically the only remaining ones in the area

I've heard a rumour this project is not proceeding, that the old buildings were demo'd because they had become eyesores or risks. Interestingly it was the only high-end project without either a starchitect or well-known luxury hotel brand behind it.

So the google ads on our site for the St. Thomas are just running for fun?

Well, I'd need to know whether the rumour is correct to answer your question. Or your question is rhetorical. But I doubt they would do it for fun.

Possibly the staff responsible for the ad haven't been told yet, internal decisions need to be worked out before public signals are sent.

I've heard a rumour this project is not proceeding, that the old buildings were demo'd because they had become eyesores or risks. Interestingly it was the only high-end project without either a starchitect or well-known luxury hotel brand behind it.

So the google ads on our site for the St. Thomas are just running for fun?

Well, I'd need to know whether the rumour is correct to answer your question. Or your question is rhetorical. But I doubt they would do it for fun.

Possibly the staff responsible for the ad haven't been told yet, internal decisions need to be worked out before public signals are sent.

The rich couple on the website are still all-smiles.

There are ads running on our site for the St Thomas. Leads me to believe they are planning to build it. Otherwise why spend the money?

I don't know of any such rumour... but yes, there was a hurry to get the Victorian homes down because they were considered as a structural risk.
That is true- to an extent. Each of them were varying in disrepair, and certain sections of the houses were just fine (even in practically livable condition).

An empty lot surrounded by chain link fence is somewhat an eyesore in a built up area, especially when littered with bricks. There's a large one in the Junction where the motorcycle dealership McBride's operated. It's been on sale for well over a year now. judging from the sign.

Back