Hamilton 188 Cannon Street East | 106.1m | 32s | Vantage | Arcadis

Branden Simon

Member Bio
Reaction score
188 Cannon Street East in Central Hamilton - A 26 storey residential building currently in proposed potential development.

Renderings and a google maps photo
099DF82A-92F1-4066-96D2-EC21EEDC9EB9.jpeg
2AC6FA34-E2E4-4543-B9A2-5BA0412DE200.jpeg

The former laundromat building has begun a demolition in January 20, 2023 but on January 21, 2023 the city of Hamilton has paused the demolition without permits.

A formal consultation was just submitted on this address with the following description:
To develop a 32-storey mixed-use building, with 146m2 of at-grade retail, and 358 residential units. Includes 142 parking spaces.

The rendering attached in the database reflects the previous 26-storey concept.

Yeah it's meh but the aqua colour is neat at least. That and it's on cannon st lol.. but hey.. if you wanna fix hamilton's crappiest street you gotta start somewhere amirite..

Wow Cannon Street getting some love, all the power to them. Is this a second one by Darko to his lovely addition to the landscape just to the east?

Last edited:
The city badly needs to regulate ground floor parking... This is like the 4th proposal in the last few months we've seen where almost 50% of the ground floor is parking. I'd have preferred to see commercial on Ferguson & Cannon.

I suppose I will send an email off with my feedback since it's still in the FC stage, but c'mon.

Glad to see lots of bicycle parking along Ferguson and Cannon, but I'd prefer to see it on the ground floor. If they moved the ground floor parking to the "mezzanine" and moved the bicycle parking to the ground floor it would leave more room for additional retail space on the ground floor, if small.

Also 32 storeys here is nuts lmao. I'm not against it, just seems like such a odd spot.

Back