Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

Most traders haven't made a cent and bonuses depend on earnings. Traders I've spoken to are very nervous-they say if things don't turn around jobs will be eliminated.

I hated it when I saw the renderings in 2003 and I hate it today: Water Club needs to be clubbed....really awful.

Well this is the first year, in a long while, the S&P (i.e. the newyork stock exchange) as how performed the TSX ... and that's probably a trend that will continue for a while.

But by far and large the reason for that are the oil / mining stocks ... very little which have direct impact on Toronto, and even in Calgary, clearly these companies are still growing as they know in the long term there will be a rebound.

There isn't very much mining in Toronto, yes there are some corporate headquarters (that don't employ many), but that's about it ...

The resource sector here is big and investment banks are definitely suffering... GMP, Canaccord, all seeing less M&A deals compared to last year

Hopefully the US$156 billion infrastructure spending China announced last week is enough to put everyone on a lending binge and get the ball rolling again

The resource sector here is big and investment banks are definitely suffering... GMP, Canaccord, all seeing less M&A deals compared to last year

Hopefully the US$156 billion infrastructure spending China announced last week is enough to put everyone on a lending binge and get the ball rolling again

Yes indirectly the resource sector is big here in Toronto ... but just as these banks are suffering so are the energy companies out in Alberta, yet they / we all know long term, the price has no where but up to go, really its only politics that can get in the way (a.k.a the pipeline to the us).

I don't think this has been posted here yet.. Montana Steele recently released a video promoting 16 York (the office component of ICE) It could be old, but it says it was released 4 weeks ago:

[video=vimeo;52933719]http://vimeo.com/52933719[/video]

I'm not so sure that what you're seeing isn't just a little pizazz added by the marketing team that created the video. If you look you'll see that same banding pattern on the TD Centre and the RBC (formerly Dexia) building in the opening few seconds of the video.

Last edited:
Building looks fine, but the video was brutal. Prospective tenants and brokers will be surely impressed by the part where the Terminator does a visual scan of the pigeons at Union Station.

I'm pretty sure that night shot of Union was stolen from a UT member. (It was my laptop's wallpaper for months. I recognized it immediately.)

IMG_20131202_130341.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20131202_130341.jpg
    IMG_20131202_130341.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 983
Building looks fine, but the video was brutal. Prospective tenants and brokers will be surely impressed by the part where the Terminator does a visual scan of the pigeons at Union Station.

I'm not a fan of the video either. Yuck! It conveys nearly no information about the building. For the Gold Standard, look at Oxford Properties' marketing:

[video=youtube;_XNJBpMLU24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XNJBpMLU24[/video]

Back