Toronto 155 Redpath Condominiums | 120.39m | 34s | Freed | a—A

Every remaining low-rise and underused lot within the blocks of Yonge-to-Mount Pleasant & Eglinton-to-Erskine will likely be redeveloped in 10-15 years. Too bad retail cannot be zoned on these interior streets though. It would help engage pedestrian flow in what will become a very dense neighbourhood.

Why on earth is it zoned to restrict retail on these streets?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...st-another-tower-in-the-park/article10055396/

Yonge/Eglinton condo not just another tower in the park

mays-redpath0321re01.jpg

Thanks a lot for the link to the John Bentley Mays article, fedplanner. Great piece!

The ground floor sounds amazing. I do like the little landscaped "vignettes". But, I do LOVE the sound of the little waterfall and the "fire-fountain installed in the ground-level pool"!! That's a really classy touch. I'd have to say that I would swim and watch the fire every night in the summer lol (have a thing for mixing fire and water).

I'm sold on this project based on this one (very zen-like) feature alone haha :cool:

Appears to be a rising trend of realtors creating mock websites, perhaps as an attempt at cybersquatting. I've seen a few variations for this and Casa 3 so far.

I'm not familiar with his past writings, and while that may be the case, this article is pretty gushing for something that seems incredibly run-of-the-mill.

its massiveness will be textured and lightened, as the building gracefully rises to its full height from a nine-storey podium, by the tucking in and pushing out of balconies at various levels.

the up-tempo, fresh modernist styling of the structure’s external wrapper will be effectively carried into its common areas

This before he heaps praise on the size of the lobby and the increasingly standard amenities. Sorry but it smells like a puff piece.

It really does. Further, there is no mention of the apartments themselves (you know, where people actually live). They appear to be extremely small and geared to investors, and ultimately renters (which will make this building's population very transient: not necessarily great for long term owners who actually want to live in the building).

Back