Toronto 1540 Bloor West | 91.9m | 27s | Trinity Group | IBI Group

7 Septembre 2008 photo update

From Dundas and Bloor, the sales centre looks very chic.

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

A bit earlier, in Kensington Market's Blue Banana, I spy another cute Toronto giraffe:

DSC00324.jpg

I'll take the last one ... its cute ~ ;)

Giraffe signs

Email from Gord Perks today:

from Councillor Perks <Councillor_Perks@toronto.ca>
to Councillor Perks <Councillor_Perks@toronto.ca>
date Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 1:44 PM
subject Sign variance for "Giraffe" site, 1540 Bloor Street West

Good afternoon,

You are receiving this email because you have asked to be put on my mailing list for either the 1540 Bloor St West development, the 1638-1650 Bloor St West development, and/or the Bloor Visioning Sessions.

Please be advised that I have received confirmation from City staff that a sign variance report for 1540 Bloor St. West will be going to the October 7th, 2008 Toronto and East York Community Council meeting.

As you are aware, these are very large fascia signs and they cover every window on the East and south elevation of the building. Moreover, the signs are installed without a sign permit. Please be advised that I will be speaking against these signs.

Please note that if you wish to depute you must use an item number. This number can be found once the agenda has been formalized and posted on the City's website. Please visit http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2008/agendas/te.htm in a couple of weeks to view the October 7th agenda (you can click on it once it has been posted).

From there you can contact Acting Administrator Frances Pritchard at teycc@toronto.ca or by phone at 416-392-7033 and give her the item number. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Shana in my office, who can be reached at salmeida@toronto.ca

Thank you,
Gord

Gord Perks
City Councillor
Ward 14, Parkdale-High Park

Toronto City Hall
100 Queen Street West
2nd Floor, Suite A14
Toronto, Ontario M5H 2N2
416-392-7919
councillor_perks@toronto.ca

www.gordperks.ca

Have you guys seen the subway ads for this development? I was in a car which was monopolized by Giraffe ads, and the rendering on the main page of its website was featured. The giraffes look rather evil though.

A nice two-storey or three-storey building could work, especially if it took in the parking lot just to the west. Don't hold your breath though; the City is not moving very speedily at redeveloping any of its properties at all, recent noise notwithstanding.

Project in Panama. Podium resembles Giraffe. We need more projects like these in place of 300

20080519-panamaversace.jpg

Back