News   May 21, 2024
 979     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 596     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 466     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Wait, are TTC12 and TTCBoy13 two separate posters? What is going on in this thread?

I've had my doubts about that also.

That means they could also travel through time and get us to our destinations faster, or on time if we're already too late.

Did noone else catch this? lol. I don't think the TR will be outfitted with flux capacitors unforunately.

Back to the Future aside, by the way, 88 km/h. not mph! that would be 140 odd km/h. get your units right!

MTR at 130 km/h? No wonder we were faster than the highway traffic when I was riding it back in May. Wish the TTC subways had that capability. It would certainly shorten my 45 minute commute time downtown! Can't wait to see what similarity the TRs will have with the MTR trains, seeing that they are both similar in being open ended, though the TR trainset is much shorter.

I checked their site and it is 88 km/h! sorry my mistake!

Wait, are TTC12 and TTCBoy13 two separate posters? What is going on in this thread?

Nothing! just enjoying the thread and excitement for the T3's/TR's

And me and TTCboy13 aren't the same, I think it's quite obvious that there's a difference between both of out writing styles, and lack of Text message talk... I suppose TTCboy13 makes interesting comments that envokes desire to repond.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's a.. er... generational thing...

And me and TTCboy13 aren't the same, I think it's quite obvious that there's a difference between both of out writing styles, and lack of Text message talk...
There is obviously a difference. Very obviously a difference. Almost too obviously a difference ... ;)

Excellent let's get this train back on track!

Now, anyone have any updates on these trains? if you do please post them along with pictures which are even better! One of the features I really like is the visual next station displays, and the electric map. These are common everywhere else but not here, so it'll be interestig to see.

Excellent let's get this train back on track!

Now, anyone have any updates on these trains? if you do please post them along with pictures which are even better! One of the features I really like is the visual next station displays, and the electric map. These are common everywhere else but not here, so it'll be interestig to see.

Actually, this point is one that really scares me. Knowing the TTC, and Canada itself, I'm concerned the resultant map will be very very cheap looking and of very poor quality.

Actually, this point is one that really scares me. Knowing the TTC, and Canada itself, I'm concerned the resultant map will be very very cheap looking and of very poor quality.

Really? Its looked pretty nice and non-cheap from the real life mockups, I'd be really be dissapointed if they did turn out looking cheaper than mock ups which were pretty good quality.

I mean Bombardier makes good trains, and they've made stuff like this before, the T1's are pretty good trains, so I'd think they'll deliver ;) *crosses fingers*

The one change I'd really like to see in the next generation of subway cars relates to the seats. Fabric seats retain crumbs, liquids, dirt, stain easily, and are fully of nooks and crannies for various insects to hide in! I'd prefer if the seats were continuous smooth plastic benches like in New York. It's much more sanitary.

The one change I'd really like to see in the next generation of subway cars relates to the seats. Fabric seats retain crumbs, liquids, dirt, stain easily, and are fully of nooks and crannies for various insects to hide in! I'd prefer if the seats were continuous smooth plastic benches like in New York. It's much more sanitary.

Sorry to disagree. I prefer the fabric seats than the plastic. The plastic tends to be cold on bare legs. The fabric seats are also more comfortable and keeps one from sliding when the train brakes.

I prefer the fabric ones as well. They seem to get less vandalism than smooth surfaced ones. They seem more comfortable. Pens and scratchiti don't work on the fabric. While crumbs and gum get into them the TTC seems to be doing a good job of preventing things from getting too bad. I have seen the hard surfaced seats and the old smooth cushion seats from the past in action and the cushion ones always seem to be ripped with some foam exposed and all the smooth surfaces have graffiti and scratchiti. The reality is that probably smooth surfaced ones see as much crumbs and dirt but rather than the seat holding onto it that crap ends up stuck to somebody's pants.

Nah, let's bring back the brown springy seats the buses used to have. Or better yet wicker seats. I sat on those on the streetcar that the Exporail Museum operates and boy have we come a long way.

Fabric seats are my muse as well.

I rode my bike out to the bombardier factory yesterday, there was nothing new out. The 3 damaged T1s are still outside, and so is GO # 24x9. I was there early in the morning, and there was little activity outside except for an 18 wheeler backing into a depot area.

cool

Nah, let's bring back the brown springy seats the buses used to have. Or better yet wicker seats. I sat on those on the streetcar that the Exporail Museum operates and boy have we come a long way.

Fabric seats are my muse as well.

I rode my bike out to the bombardier factory yesterday, there was nothing new out. The 3 damaged T1s are still outside, and so is GO # 24x9. I was there early in the morning, and there was little activity outside except for an 18 wheeler backing into a depot area.

cool awesome still doo eager 2 see TR!!!!:D
im working on a picture of the new tr it will be on my photos soon its a drawing

Last edited:

Back