News   May 21, 2024
 111     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Just an update. I was on SB H5 5708, when we approached Davisville at around 9:15AM and noticed that the TR set was parked there! It's even better in real life. Apparently it was parked there after a night of testing.

Just an update. I was on SB H5 5708, when we approached Davisville at around 9:15AM and noticed that the TR set was parked there! It's even better in real life. Apparently it was parked there after a night of testing.

The trainset was still there when I was on the northbound train passing Davisville at about 10:30 PM. Was a surprise to me; I didn't read your post earlier today :p

I saw the TR trainset around 7pm at Davisville while on a crush loaded T1 heading northbound to Finch, I had to get off the train and walk over to the opposite direction of the platform. Pictures and video to come soon.

Attachments

• Davisville1.jpg
    Davisville1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 458
  • Davisville2.jpg
    Davisville2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 286
  • Davisville3.jpg
    Davisville3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 393
  • Davisville4.jpg
    Davisville4.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Funny you should mention that, as I just came back from New York recently and I am constantly struck at how much cleaner their trains are than ours, both inside and out. Say what you will about the stations, but the trains themselves seem to be the beneficiary of a fairly rigorous maintenance regimen. For one thing, you *never* see the amount of trash left under seats that you do here, as my understanding is that all trains in New York are swept at termini points. I know that the TTC is starting to do that here, but the incredible amounts of litter I'm always seeing tell me that the TTC isn't serious about it (and that people in this city are disgusting) or is incompetent at doing so, and this on a system with three lines, much less 20.

Why's the roof corrugated like that, particularly the long way? That just seems to be asking for corrosion problems.

Funny you should mention that, as I just came back from New York recently and I am constantly struck at how much cleaner their trains are than ours, both inside and out. Say what you will about the stations, but the trains themselves seem to be the beneficiary of a fairly rigorous maintenance regimen. For one thing, you *never* see the amount of trash left under seats that you do here, as my understanding is that all trains in New York are swept at termini points. I know that the TTC is starting to do that here, but the incredible amounts of litter I'm always seeing tell me that the TTC isn't serious about it (and that people in this city are disgusting) or is incompetent at doing so, and this on a system with three lines, much less 20.

hmm, I really don't see this - granted a couple days a month there's a filthy train but out of 10+ trips a week most are in the medium - great range in terms of cleanness.

The TR is parked at Davisville for night storage, it goes out every morning at around 4AM. Sadly it only goes about 10Km/h lol right now. If you have a chance to take a closer look at it on the platform you will notice it has been hitting the walls,cables and pipes a lot in the tunnels. A lot of that has to do with the TR being a bit top heavy and also the present subways have nothing on the roof which gives them more top clearance in the tunnels. We are going to have to clean up the tunnels, any cables which are hanging low have to be tightened up, same goes for any low hanging pipes.

The part that bothers me is the interior......its all whiite......even the HVAC air filter grill is white.......that is going to be a night mare to keep clean

As it looks now my prediction still stands these trains will not be in service before late March or early April.

The train is never left alone when parked at night, there are at least 2 persons on board and all the cameras are on......in case any graffiti artists think they might have a try at some art lol

The TR is parked at Davisville for night storage, it goes out every morning at around 4AM. Sadly it only goes about 10Km/h lol right now. If you have a chance to take a closer look at it on the platform you will notice it has been hitting the walls,cables and pipes a lot in the tunnels. A lot of that has to do with the TR being a bit top heavy and also the present subways have nothing on the roof which gives them more top clearance in the tunnels. We are going to have to clean up the tunnels, any cables which are hanging low have to be tightened up, same goes for any low hanging pipes.

The part that bothers me is the interior......its all whiite......even the HVAC air filter grill is white.......that is going to be a night mare to keep clean

As it looks now my prediction still stands these trains will not be in service before late March or early April.

The train is never left alone when parked at night, there are at least 2 persons on board and all the cameras are on......in case any graffiti artists think they might have a try at some art lol

Funny, they paid a premium for custom-built trains that don't really even comfortably fit in the tunnels. Go figure.

I saw the new subway train sitting at Davisville last night! It was so shiny and new! It's hard to imagine that our current subways were probably that shiny at one time. The front looked awesome in person. I wish I could have gotten off the subway I was on to take a look inside but I was late to get where I was going.

The exterior state of the the trains is because the Wash Racks at Wilson and Greenwood are out of commission (one because of the wilson expansion, and the other because it's too old, and is being replaced) Leaving Davisville's the only working one, according to a TTC report. It also mentions that they would normally wash them every 7 days.

More Pictures

More pictures from lastnight at Davisville. I took some shots outside of Davisville Subway Station. I think the roof of the Subway Car is corrugated, because of aerodynamics or it has to do with the Air Conditioning Unit being up on top.

Attachments

• Davisville7.jpg
    Davisville7.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 453
  • Davisville6.jpg
    Davisville6.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 278
  • Davisville5.jpg
    Davisville5.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 230
  • Davisville8.jpg
    Davisville8.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 316
These Rockets represent a major improvement in our capabilities.* The deployment will be a sight to behold.

*i.e. automation for shorter headways, higher capacity interiors, the convenience of being able to move from one end to another, light-up map for increased user-friendliness

Back