News   May 24, 2024
 9.3K     2 
News   May 24, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 523     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

I'd think the air being pushed up into those metal slats would stir a lot of dust up.

At least at first ... once it's happening every day, there would be none left to stir up.

BINGO! Give the man a cigar

There is always dust

So what's being done as a solution?

For now the strips are being taken down

Not sure what they are not planning

My security clearance level is not high enough lol

There is always dust
What exactly IS that dust? Nothing too toxic I hope.

I've walked with my 3-year old ... and her hands find places that adults never do. I was quite surprised after walking down the stairs at Main, that her one entire hand was a black as could be ... simply because she holds onto the lower part of the lower rail, and the rest of us use the top rail.

For now the strips are being taken down

Not sure what they are not planning

My security clearance level is not high enough lol

They are apparently trying to do a rush clean on all of the affected slats - just the ones over the tracks - and get them back into place once they're done. In the meantime, we get to see ugly ceilings.

In the long run, the TTC wants to replace them with tiles and different treatments that are less maintenance intensive.

What exactly IS that dust? Nothing too toxic I hope.

Nothing too bad - stuff like carbon black, sintered metal particles, rubber. Basically the same stuff you would find in the brake shoes of your car.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Last edited:
Here you go for seeing 5411 in action on Yonge line at Rosedale June 19

Don't expect to see them in service until July now, if then at all.

Watch for the doors opening up on the oppsite side so rider cannot get on. There are 2 x 4 accross all the doors way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoIgpJfVpNQ

I had a customer today who was a TTC employee, and asked him about the status with the trains. What he 'heard' was that the trains were hitting the walls at some of the University line stations (presumably the ones more circular in design). Anyone confirm this?
Wasn't that discussed about 5-6 months back in the thread? Presumably this has long-since been dealt with as the trains have been running at regular speed in the tunnels for weeks.

Ok.... so I just viewed Drum's youtube clip of the new train....

Anyone else find that there was a lot of squeaking? It seemed quite excessive to my ears.

I really wish they would work on the noise level of trains, both in absolute terms, but also in terms of how it is heard inside the cars by passengers.

She would know this because she works on the trains every day! lol

It will go in service when it is ready. I honestly wish these people who know squat would stop making statements that it is going in service on this date or that date. It is not the fault of TTC as most of the public thinks this, the trains do not meet our standards and because of that they are not passes.

The only way he rode the new TR is if he is a subway yard operator, mechanic or driver on training. The TR is a mess and until it is resolved it is not going into service PERIOD.

As soon as the TR trains enter service theT1 trains will be going to BD line one by one. The H5 trains will be going to Nigeria and the 6 H4 we still use in rush hour will be retired.

Back