Vaughan 1176 Rutherford | 85m | 24s | Norstar | Turner Fleischer

1176 Rutherford Rd. (Vaughan, 13s+24s, Norstar Group)

There has been a sign saying that something was coming to the northeast corner of Rutherford and Dufferin for a while. Just got a notice of a public hearing at Vaughan city hall on 16 June at 7PM.

Norstar group are proposing two towers with 438 units total s well as 601m2 of ground floor retail in a two-storey podium.

I'll see if I can get renders uploaded soon.

The public hearing took place yesterday. I went to city hall, but as the item preceding this one took too long, I had to go home and watched the rest of it online. Few people left to comment about it (it was around 10pm). The comments are from your typical NIMBYs, of course. One funny moment was when Councillor Racco asked one of the deputants whether he was aware of the Carrville District Centre. He said he didn't, and that he didn't care what that area is designated as. Some people are delusional. Full disclosure: I live very close to that are and I'm fully supportive of the application and the Carrville District Centre in general.
I expect this project to sail through. Wondering if any of the 2 proposed buildings are intended as rental. Anyone knows?

Turner Fleischer Architects (TFAI) on this project

Rentals don't necessarily mean lower property values. You don't want something slummy of course, but rentals are a competitive part of the market too, just like condos and private homes, and it's likely that a new rental apartment property will be well kept, especially if it's in an area of the GTA which has not traditionally seen rentals. The owner will be motivated to make their development attractive to bring renters to the market one way or another. Meanwhile, the City of Vaughan should be demand a high quality site plan to ensure good public realm around the building.

A neighbourhood's apartments tend to reflect the quality of the neighbourhood they're located in. If a neighbourhood is clean and desirable, landlords want their apartments to be in good shape to get the highest rents.

New docs dated Nov 22 up on PlanIt. It's now one 24s tower + 5s stacked townhouses. Architect is Turner + Fleischer.

1543111016006.png

1543111052348.png

1543111083150.png

Received notice today of a public hearing on 2 April at 7pm, Vaughan City Hall.

Norstar Group have submitted for rezoning. The listed total will be 427 units through 6 four-storey stacked towns and a 24-storey tower on a four-storey podium.

Nothing here for commercial or any mixed-use at base.

Address is also confirmed as 1176 Rutherford Road.

Cheers!

Back