Toronto 1099 Broadview | 37.08m | 10s | Crombie | RAW Design

Irresponsibly bad application from the landowner or their consultant. This is obviously a two tower site. What an incredible display of fiduciary incompetence.

That's a remarkable take. I think that you're being very hard on the Planners/Builder and I have to say, when I work the math on the site myself......I think I would have made the same choice they did.

Examining the math, on the site, (I modeled out 2 towers) It's a tight squeeze based on my modelling (the format here would likely require 2 slab towers with an east-west orientation from my perspective)

Assuming they could get that past Planning, and/or the OLT, you obviously lose a lot of floor plate vs the midrise configuration, and you need to get to about 18s to break-even on unit count, but due to higher construction costs in this model, I expect you'd need 22s to break even financially. Assuming I'm correct, the only reason to consider the two tower model would be if you thought you get at least 23s, and probably more. There is no precedent that would justify that gamble in my mind.

Your most recent major approval in the area is the Diamond site a couple blocks south of Mortimer, and it's coming in at 14s.

If you went to the Cosburn based sites you do have the height, barely, but they are adjacent to 'Apartment Neighbourhoods' zoning and plans will see virtually all SFH obliterated within the blocks they are building.

I'd be genuinely interested in any alternative evaluation of the site's potential as currently configured.

Last edited:
Community Consultation meeting next week per an email from Paula Fletcher's office

City Planning is holding a virtual meeting to get your feedback on a development application for 1099 Broadview Avenue.

What: 1099 Broadview Avenue Community Consultation
Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Time: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Register: http://www.toronto.ca/CPconsultations

The proposal is for a 10-storey residential apartment building that includes 137 one bedroom units, 117 two bedroom units and 28 three bedroom units. 186 below grade vehicle parking spaces and 312 bike parking spaces are proposed. The site is currently occupied by a Dollarama retail store.

Application materials can be found at: www.toronto.ca/1099BroadviewAve

How to Participate

This meeting will be online and/or phone-in only. You are required to pre-register at the City Planning Consultations Webpage: http://www.toronto.ca/CPconsultations

Once registered, you will be provided with the link/call-in number to join and more information about how to participate in the meeting. Participation instructions are also provided below and on this meeting notice. For further information about how to participate visit: www.toronto.ca/HowToEngageOnline

Q + A

There will be a question and answer period. For those participating online, questions can be asked using the "Raise Hand" function. Please note the chat box function will not be actively monitored. For those participating by phone, dial *3 to ask questions. Representatives from the City and the Applicant's consultants will be available to answer questions.

Ten99 Broadview by Equiton Developments:

TEN99-Rendering-scaled.jpg

Back