Toronto 1061 The Queensway | 12m | 1s | Sobeys | METHOD Architects

Fair enough. But I would say that most people in Etobicoke south of Bloor / Dundas and west of the Humber River, are using the Kipling, Islington, or Royal York buses to head to the subway.

Nothing wrong with that. It's a more efficient route than backtracking to Sherway to connect with the subway, and both the bus ride and subway ride is shorter.

This has been reduced to one storey:
upload_2017-2-16_23-2-22.png

upload_2017-2-16_23-3-14.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-16_23-2-22.png
    upload_2017-2-16_23-2-22.png
    758.2 KB · Views: 1,276
  • upload_2017-2-16_23-3-14.png
    upload_2017-2-16_23-3-14.png
    849 KB · Views: 1,285
Why the reduction to one storey? Maybe because there will be a Sobeys at Islington and bloor subway station in the near future. Spreading the expansion dollars around I will speculate.

Why the reduction to one storey? Maybe because there will be a Sobeys at Islington and bloor subway station in the near future. Spreading the expansion dollars around I will speculate.
Since when will there be a Sobeys at Islington and Bloor?

Anyone know what's going on with this site? It's been cleaned up substantially and there are a bunch of trucks and such parked on it.
I do not see much happening with it for a while, the industrial lots facing Queensway and Gardiner are still in full operation, in fact, the one facing Gardiner just had a good portion of the roof redone. One of the main motivators for moving the Sobeys is the Kipling Queensway exchange expansion and the city's master plan for the Gardiner that well exceeds the allocated budget so that won't be happening anytime soon either. Look at IQ3 that project has been approved for years and the lot has been leveled and cleared as well for a while and it sits empty.

A new thread has been created for the southern third of this lot, currently called 40-60 St Lawrence, where condo towers are now proposed on the southern third of this land. This thread will remain for the (eventual but seemingly stalled) Sobey's redevelopment fronting onto The Queensway, which now seems to have gone Longo's acfording to the latest rendering. We can only hope this development eventually starts by including at least some mid-rise buildings and does not end up simply as a single storey suburban plaza, which would be truly wasteful (although I'm sure they'd consider it redevelopable yet again in the future). Anyway, there's this…

37813-165681.jpeg

…and one more image in the updated database file, linked at the top of this page.

Back