Toronto 1 Eglinton East | 211.25m | 65s | Davpart | Hariri Pontarini

It was just my opinion to keep just the face of the building. But they seem to be doing it all over the city with old brick buildings being breasted in place. While they dismantle the rest of the building down shoring it and rebuild the new structure to the top.
Does anyone know how many floor down this structure goes?

Hardly true but, certainly understandable from your desired perspective.

Gut feelings don't carry much weight.

True but, I have a feeling Automation Gallery is all gut as well.

I see a foreign based holding company with a North America portfolio over the past 30 years has been through acquisitions and each one of those suddenly has a development permit. Maybe they changed directions however, this is an extreme bold first step (internationally) to redevelop the largest hotel in Canada.

As for 1 Eglinton's situation, both Cumberland Terrace and Holt Renfrew on Bloor still stand.

I see a foreign based holding company with a North America portfolio over the past 30 years has been through acquisitions and each one of those suddenly has a development permit. Maybe they changed directions however, this is an extreme bold first step (internationally) to redevelop the largest hotel in Canada.

So there is a pattern of behavior here. Perhaps an attempt to increase the value of their portfolio.

As for Davpart, I wonder about there intentions here. I know that they never intended to build their 481 University proposal themselves. They released something a couple years ago saying that they would be looking for a developer to buy it.

How much NIMBY opposition are we expecting for this project? Have locals given up after the Minto fight a decade ago?

It would be a bolder coloured glazing if it was designed in 1990. I wish. Honestly I don't see the issue here. Looks good. 1Be good - no, but still good.

People should stop complaining about this tower.It very beautiful because the design is bold and harmonious and the podium is great.
The chosen color is good too. I really don t get it why many people dislike it ?
I would like to see it rise and It will be a great addition to North York.
It 1000 time better than it neighbor tower E condos .

From the drawings, looking like we might be in line for some updated renderings?

upload_2017-10-6_10-9-51.png

upload_2017-10-6_10-10-19.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-6_10-9-51.png
    upload_2017-10-6_10-9-51.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 528
  • upload_2017-10-6_10-10-19.png
    upload_2017-10-6_10-10-19.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 535

Back