Toronto Ïce Condominiums at York Centre | 234.07m | 67s | Lanterra | a—A

Great angle on that first shot wmedia! Really puts all the work in this area and especially the inpacts along Simcoe with the delta, RBC and shangri-la in perspective for me.

Sept 25th:

1JQHc.jpg

sTgzO.jpg

Sk7K8.jpg

7jylf.jpg

Jesus. That's a lot of pale green/pale grey/pale blue glass. It's almost hypnotizing.

I agree. Althought I think it's an impressive sight, the whole area is crying out for some brick, limestone or red granite. I'd even be happy with some nicely arranged stone-coloured precast concrete.

When I was shooting the building yesterday, I noticed the balconies change sides up in the 3? floor area and that can be seen in the photos posted above.

I agree we need more brick and stone on these buildings, let alone others with some bright colours.

Here is one from Paris I shot in July
7960726158_84876c681d_b.jpg

One from Glasgow in June
7522862868_2ab8a6e203_b.jpg

Last edited:
This is not correct.

The information posted in context to the occupancy dates were extracted directly from documents filed with the City of Toronto by Block 9B Developments Limited (Lanterra) on July 8, 2008 (ICE) and October 1, 2009 (ICE2). There may have been several revisions to the condominiums documents since and most recently both sets (12/14 York Street) have been amended to disclose the inclusion of two additional residential floors per building.

The information in the thread title has reflected the additional two floors for quite some time now… unless you're telling us of an increase to 59 and 69 storeys (which I do not believe to be the case).

Last edited:
Whoops! There was supposed to be a 'not' in there. Fixed.

Back